Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Taboo Tiki Display at a Nursery in BC, Canada

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

A big Aloha to all!! Dan here from Taboo Tiki.
We finally talked the owner of Art Knapp Nursery in Surrey, BC, Canada to give us some more room! We have been selling our original pieces and our import items at Art Knapp's for almost three years now. Before that, we always wanted to get into a Nursery just like it was back in the fifties and sixties. Every backyard Oasis needs a little Tiki so what better way to spread the Tiki gospel than having our stuff right at one of the biggest and most well known Nursery's in BC!!

The owner was willing to give us about 25' of space but pretty much said "go big or go home". We couldn't refuse that one!! Below are some of the photos of the display that we did. I hope they come out clear for you! It is much better in person so if anybody is travelling up this way to Surrey (Just outside of Vancouver) BC, Canada, be sure to stop by and check it out!! While you are there, make sure you check out the tropical flower/plant department! You'll find some really beautiful examples.

This is a picture of the display after we had removed all the old stock and just starting to give it a fresh coat of "Bamboo" paint.

Here it is with the new paint, wood frame with thatch roof and a lonely Tiki Pole standing guard. We used burlap on the floor to finish it off.

Here it is with our items filling it up rather quickly. We are really busy doing alot of jobs around here right now that we dont have alot of our own handmade stuff ready for this display. Alot of our items we imported from Bali and are very well done. The import items will buy us some time so we can get more of our own carvings and artwork in there.

Here is another picture of some of our items.

This is a shot looking back the other way. There are quite a few different items to check out. We have Tiki Statues, Wall masks, Wall Shields, Tiki Mirrors, Glass Floats, Fish Nets, Mugs and lots of other cool accessories and tropical supplies. We also have our own Tiki Poles in there and one of our Handmade Custom Tiki Bars.

This last shot is of the right side showing the Tiki Bar and other items. I hope that you have liked some of the stuff you have seen and remember to come check us out if you are ever creeping through the neighbourhood!!
Mahalo!! Dan
Taboo Tiki

Actual Address is: Art Knapp Nursery & Garden Centre
4391 King George Hwy. Surrey, B.C. (604-596-9201)
We also sell out of Funhauser Decor in Vancouver so make sure you check them out for tons of really cool stuff!! (www.funhauserdecor.com)

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2006-07-12 01:44 ]

D

Dan & Reido! so thats what you guys have been doing since we saw you last year! great display o tiki ~ hope your new venture goes well (i should!) keep posting pics and updates!

Lookin good! As you are in an enclosed area I presume you will be spreading the joy of tiki throughout the winter too. Best of luck with your endeavor!

Wow that's fantastic guys! It makes me so happy to see such a tiki-fied place here in BC.

S

You have a big Polynesian Culture event coming up in August. Might be a chance to vend locally!

T

Thanks for your comments all! It was a fun display to do and we have had alot of interest in the items that we are selling.

Hey Dogbytes, Thanks! Hope all is well down in Seattle! I bet you are stoked that the Tiki Art Now Show is coming up to your area. It should be cool! We'll be there! Mahalo, Dan

Thanks for the link Swanky about that Polynesian show! I might just have to check into that if I get some time here!! A Polynesian event 5 minutes away from my house might be too good to pass up!!

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2006-07-18 01:25 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies