Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Mission Tiki Mug ....what color?

Pages: 1 23 replies

Here is a sneak peek of the mug I am doing for the Mission Tiki Drive In. Well, this is the sculpt, but a final limited edition mug will be available at the event. I believe it will sell for $40 and will be limited to 150 pcs. Later an alternate color open edition mug will be for sale at the drive in.

So what color should it be glazed in? I like orange outside with a different color inside . No cobalt blue though, I hate it.

M-F 9to5 PST
(310)973-0779

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-07-13 09:06 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-07-14 08:30 ]

S

Looks great as usual Danny!

M

Great mug. Not only is it a great design, but I really like the wood grain "chunks" in it. That gives it a lot of personality.

R

Wow! Tiki Diablo strikes again! I will definitely have to pick up one of each.

Regular or Buttered Diablo???

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

That's killer Danny! Love the updates from the underground, bruddah... look forward to seeing you in Fort Lauderdale... keep up the great work!

B

Really nice ine Diab..

DIG it brah.
I can see how you have incorporated old style Oceanic Art with your own. I just scored what I believe to be a vintage 7 ft. tiki carved from the 50's. There are some features that are similar. Looks great Danny.
Thanks for posting and stayin' with TC.

Jungle Digger

For color how about a dark green, except for the popcorn part of course.

Killer! How about Chocolate Brown with Red/Yellow Eyes, light yellow popcorn and red/white striped popcorn box? Too much? Dark red with an orange/yellow inside that drips over the top bit....

Matty

I've always thought Orange and soemthing like a Lime Green go well together.

K

I like the color it is in now.
Everytime I see mugs in this stage of completion, I really never like the one with the glaze. Similar to the new Derek design mug by tiki farm. I like the white better than the blue glaze that they are releasing. Also another mug by Tiki Diablo I like better than the glazed version was the picture of the unglazed exotica mug.
But I will still buy the glazed version.

T

I agree with Kb on the greenware looking better than the glaze, for the handful that I have seen before glazing. I think that most of the reason is that the glaze covers the fine details. I thought Speed tiki was the same way.

But also the greenware tiki is a matte finish which is a better finish to go with. But the Speed tiki was matte afterward? I bought it anyways cause of how much I liked the original sculpt.

I love how the movie place to going to have its own mug. When you buy it for $40 does it could with a free pop (soda). And now people can start collecting food tikis. Popcorn and cheeseburger and tikis with their own little mugs.

orange....

Not enough orange mugs out there.

I dont know if its posible but I like Silver! I know you had silver eyes on the mug you did for Exotica!! Not many silver mugs!! Yeah Silver!!! BTW I likey the design!!!
Later,
Spermy

Siver like the "Silver Screen" Yeah!!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-07-14 17:06 ]

K

I say make it look like wood (except for the popcorn... the popcorn should look like popcorn)! Awesome dee-zine.

Love this mug! The red glaze with the multi color specks that you used on one of your earlier mugs would look nice on the inside of this one.

M

I agree about it looking like wood. What about a "textured" brown like the old Tiki Bob & Mr. Bali Hai? That along with the painted box (red & white stripes) & popcorn.

Thanks guys, keep'em coming.

K

If you go with a silver, maybe it could the color that Danny did for 3 of the Tambu's. I have one and Kingstiedye has another. I do not know who has the third. Kingstiedye might have a picture on the ooga mooga website.

Black, matte black, with red inside.
Black tiki mugs give the effect of being fired in the heart of a powerful volcano and always look bad ass.

By the way, when will your web site become interactive so that i can buy some of your new tiki mugs?
I really dig your Polynesian creations.........much respect as a tiki collector and an artist.
Peace.

KBGator, I gots the 3rd... Here it is at the top right.

I would go with the orange,TD.. You did the green and black on the Hawaiianos and the wood look on the Macumbas.. The color on the Lmt. Macumba w/out the shot and coaster is sick!! I'd dig the mug in that color with TikiJosh's idea of the green(maybe striped w/white on the box). Hopin to connect this year at Hukilau, missed ya last year, Holla!

K

Freddy, that Tambu is different than the one I have, my doesn't have any orange paint. The one I have is painted with Red and a light cream outlines. Yours is pretty damn cool.

I do like the orange glaze, like on the earlier Macumbas from the Beach Festival. By the way I am trying to get my hands on one of them.

Maybe Danny could do a glaze like the New Traders Mort by Munktiki. I like the white inside glaze and the rough brown glaze on the outside to make it look like wood. This would be my vote.

T

That orange mug is the Tiki Tony the Tiger.

Pages: 1 23 replies