Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Is this an Old tiki or Old Totem Pole?

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hi All, I just picked up this old 25" tiki/totem. Can anyone confirm whether it is a tiki god or native indian totem figure?

Here are the pics:

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine - to fix image links - 2006-07-13 16:45 ]

Looks like you've got yourself an old palm wood tiki, congratulations on a wonderful find!
My fee for fixing your broken image links just so happens to be one tiki just like that! :wink:

Hello, although it certainly is a Tiki, I don't think its palm, looks more like one of those fern Tikis that you used to be able to get back in the day thru mail order etc...
A nice piece none the less,

My very best alohas,

Bosko

Yep, I'm with bosko - definately a tiki carved with "fern wood". classic style and pose. That's a real beauty of a tiki too, gots a few war wounds! I love it! great score!

Here's a link to a thread that has some pictures of other tikis carved with fern wood:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6466&forum=2&5

I really like pizza

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2006-07-13 18:38 ]

My bad, of course it's fern! Unfortunately they seem to break down more quickly than other mediums.

Definately a Tree fern stump

So where did you get it? It's pretty nifty. Looks like it's been out in the elements for quite some time.

Chris

Hi all, thanks for the info on this tiki!

I picked it up at a garage sale here in Canada for $20. The lady I bought it from said it was in the garden when she bought the house, and it has been there ever since. It is on my patio as I don't want to bring it inside due to the bug factor.

Kukahuna

T

That is an awesome find. Congratulations!

Pages: 1 8 replies