Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tahitian Noni?

Pages: 1 26 replies

V

Has anyone heard of Tahitian Noni as being an potent aphrodisiac?

V

oh, yes, noni is supposed to be good for everything : hair, skin, digestion, health care, mental faculties, stomach...

I like to follow my Tahitian Noni with a Tahitian Nooner.

I have been to at least one medical counseling session where one of the participants stood up and gave a testimonial about its benefits.

It can actually make you quite sick when you first start taking it, due to its cleansing properties. All the bad stuff has to come out one way or another and with a freind of mine who took it, it came out through her skin, which was quite unpleasant.
I don't know how much they reccomend to drink on the bottles you can buy here or in the states but in the SP they drink it by the Glass full.

KK

Noni- the new AMWAY®.

Let me tell you firsthand...It tastes horrible and by far the worst thing that I have ever tasted....Even a 9 volt battery on my tongue sits better with me than the flavor of noni..."Noni-yall" should waste $45 on that putrid drink...!

K

I'd prefer Tahitian yoni.

No way, Tahitian Noni works! After I started using it, all the strippers on MySpace wanted me to be their friend!

Still got it!

P

Hey Vainui,

Nice to see you're still around.
We've all enjoyed that recipe you posted several years ago.

It's a favorite of all of the "regulars" at the Lagoon Lounge.

V

Thanx Pablus, after all these years I'm pleased to see TC is still the best tiki forum online. I'll try to dig up a few new recipes from down SW Pacific way.

Concerning Tahitian Noni though, I read an article in "Tahiti-Pacifique Magazine" where the famous beverage was sold in China for over $350 the little bottle?
Hard to find I suppose?.
Apparently the Chinese find something really special about the Tahitian variety of noni? There must be something to it, a Google search gives you over 1 250 000 results and 5 000 000 for just a "noni" search. And Tom Slick is right, it's taste is just horrible, I tried our local caledonian noni ($7 a bottle) and almost chundered.
Can someone help me out with this noni question, I feel like I'm missing out on something here or maybe it's just hype.

Vay

V

Guess what, after a month of trying (a tbl spoon/day) our local Noni, I've discovered that my gray hairs are disappearing and bright new dark hair is growing back, I actually look younger. Yesterday, after a haircut and in seeing my new hair color, my hairdresser made the remark "Are you using hair dye?" and when I answered, "never in my life" we were both perplexed. Then I figured it must be the Noni. This might be a good natural way to keep hair from going gray. I will continue the Noni testing for a while to see if anything else happens and will keep you guys informed here on TC.

Vay

H

On 2006-07-27 12:45, Vaïnui wrote:
...bright new dark hair is growing back, ...

Bright dark? I'm confused...

H

As in shiny.

Guess what, after a month of trying (a tbl spoon/day) our local Noni, I've discovered that my gray hairs are disappearing and bright new dark hair is growing back, I actually look younger. Yesterday, after a haircut and in seeing my new hair color, my hairdresser made the remark "Are you using hair dye?" and when I answered, "never in my life" we were both perplexed. Then I figured it must be the Noni. This might be a good natural way to keep hair from going gray. I will continue the Noni testing for a while to see if anything else happens and will keep you guys informed here on TC.

Vay

Mornin' Vay! Hey, did you know it's illegal for you to post this in a forum that might be viewed in Arizona, California, New Jersey, or Texas? It's part of Several Noni Distributers' settlement with those states' Attorneys General over claims of medical wonders & miracle cures due to using Noni Juice. Claims of miracle cures like this are also illegal under US Federal law, specifically the Food & Drug Administration's regulation 21 C.F.R. 101.93(g). And there are actual, documented cases listed by the National Institutes for Health of Hepititis being CAUSED by Tahitian Noni, did you know that? How about the fact that one of the Tahitian Noni manufacturers & sellers in California was sued because ingredients in their products cause Cancer?

And not to be provincial, Noni has been banned or marked with warnings about false health claims in Finland, France, Holland & Germany, and has been found that "In no case is Noni Juice better than orange-juice or apple-juice or any other fruit juice. We have measured the concentrations of vitamins and minerals, including anti-oxidants, and they all fall within similar ranges at which point any proclaimed beneficial health improvements can not be attributed" by the European Union labs in Barvaria (You can plug that page into Babelfish to get a translation). In Europe Noni juice can only be sold as a Novel Food and cannot make ANY claims to medicinal value.

But what about Tahiti? Didn't ancient Polynesians drink Noni juice for all the wonderful heath benifits? No, the ancient Polynesians only used it Topically. And the bark was used as a red dye.

Vay, this is a board about Tikis, Tiki Culture, Hawaiiana, Polynesia, and various related subjects, and you're welcome to post about them here. But if you feel the need to post about the wonderful health benifits of anything besides Mai Tais, take it somewhere else.

V

Sorry about that Freddie, I didn't know noni juice was such a big deal in the States. As with kava down here in the south pacific it's a cultural thing like tikis. The funny thing is, it's a big American firm that imports all the Nonis from Tahiti. So what do they do with all the stuff? The must sell some of it in the States. Can you enlighten my understanding of the Noni issue in your country?

Vay

On 2006-07-28 13:02, Vaïnui wrote:
Sorry about that Freddie, I didn't know noni juice was such a big deal in the States. As with kava down here in the south pacific it's a cultural thing like tikis. The funny thing is, it's a big American firm that imports all the Nonis from Tahiti. So what do they do with all the stuff? The must sell some of it in the States. Can you enlighten my understanding of the Noni issue in your country?

Vay

Well, Vay, in the US, Europe and parts of Asia the lies that sellers of Noni tell are illegal. Saying things like:

On 2006-07-13 19:19, Vaïnui wrote:
Has anyone heard of Tahitian Noni as being an potent aphrodisiac?

and

Vay

are making Unproveable Medical Claims. Medical claims like this are illegal in the US, Western Europe, and their territories. New Caledonia is still a teritory of France, right? Noni can only be sold as a Novel Food in France & French territories and no claims of cures or medical wonders can be made by anyone in relation to the fruit since no noni products have been licensed for medical or therapeutic use. This coupled with multiple medical findings that link []ingestion of Noni to Hepititis](http://www.eurojgh.com/pt/re/ejgh/abstract.00042737-200504000-00009.htm;jsessionid=GM5QM1ppJppLq26vYdM2SsJlf25JvsLW2hZGvGX7GxTfMqF27kN8!-251499885!-949856144!8091!-1?index=1&database=ppvovft&results=1&count=10&searchid=1&nav=search) is a pretty good reason to NOT post about Noni in a forum dedicated to Tikis. Besides the fact that Noni has nothing to do with Tikis!

This thread is SPAM and should be deleted from this forum. If you wish to post about the wonders of Noni you should join NoniCentral.com.

V

Wow, Freddie, I'm not claiming anything illegal, I was only asking.

As for my nice hair color, I'm using Noni only topically of coarse, just like my ancestors did for hundreds of years, is that OK with you or is noni a new 4 letter word or something?

http://www.tahitiannoni.com/united_states/english/retail/hiro/index.html

My wahine was tell me about this "healthy energy drink" that some of the kids at school had called Hiro. I did a serch and found what she was talking about and saw they also sell tahitian noni. I looked up the name and this thread came up.

After reading what was said by Freddie... I saw this:
https://www.tahitiannoni.com/united_states/english/retail/store/product/23752.html

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2007-12-13 10:35 ]

T

freddyFreelance....

Wainui has over 40 posts...I doubt he's here just to SPAM.

As for Noni Juice, You can get it from Noni grown on the big island of Hawaii in the Puna district. Supposedly better than Tahitain Noni.

http://www.noni-juice-hawaii.com/

How about a Tiki Cocktail made with Noni Juice ? :)

It's always comical to me to see what others think of as Tiki.

Whether it's a bottle used as a marker by a surveyor on some pacific island or a bottle of Noni juice. And if someone calls BS and says what's so Tiki about that bottle? Then some one else will pipe up and say. "Well the noni comes from Tahiti and everyone knows that's where Thor went and well, he was on the Kon Tiki so everything related to that faithful voyage is rendered tikified by default. So the Noni and the stupid bottle and everything else that ever was in the pacific is now and here to forward TIKI. ahumpbullshit!

I grow it in my yard and the Polynesian brought it with them when they traveled so it must have been valued for it's medicinal properties. As for mixing it in a cocktail. The stuff tastes and smells just like Vomit, not a flavor I look for in a good drink.

P

Don the Beachcomber invented vomit and any use of it's flavors either implied or distilled without express written consent of Donn Beach, Inc. is a violation of international drinking law and punishable by bamboo splinters under the fingernails.

On 2007-12-14 09:08, pablus wrote:

Don the Beachcomber invented vomit and any use of it's flavors either implied or distilled without express written consent of Donn Beach, Inc. is a violation of international drinking law and punishable by bamboo splinters under the fingernails.

Tiki heretic, blasphemer! How dare you say something against Don on this forum.

M

dogdamn this subject is cracking me up. Noni, Nanni, NINNI, Na Na, NO NO. LMFAO. Isn't tiki an art form? A drink? Food? A style? Music? It aint a supplement.

mooskatiki..sister of beadtiki..owner of motikimocha PHD

[ Edited by: mymotiki 2007-12-14 10:00 ]

On 2007-12-14 09:28, captnkirk wrote:
Tiki heretic, blasphemer! How dare you say something against Don on this forum.

Captain. Your actions are highly illogical.
Now I must get back to my station and look at the "Vulcan Women Gone Logical" in my viewer.

'KOOLKIDS' DON'T DRINK NO DAMN NONI JUICE !!!!

I tried the Noni juice for a while. Not sure if it made my health any better, but sure tasted nasty. I found a formulation mixed with berry juice that made it more palatable.

-DG (proudly NOT a "kool kid")

Pages: 1 26 replies