Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Crawl 6: South Bay THURSDAY Roll Call

Pages: 1 23 replies

Aloha: If you plan on making it to any part of Thursday's Tiki Crawl Locations, please post here and let us know.

Humu and I will be there!

T

I'll definitely catch up with you at the Martini Monkey.

If I can get out of work early, I'd love see the Tiki Garden at Stanford with Humu and Hanford.

By incredible stroke of luck, I'll be in San Jose for training on Thursday. I am free the entire evening, so I'll plan on attending all the festivities this day.

I'm planning on doing the sculpture garden and palo alto TV's

S

I will do my best to get there! I hope I can make it to the sculpture garden but I'll need to see how traffic cooperates from San Francisco. I've already mapquested the entire trip from point to point, so I know I'll find you all along the way!

Hurray!

Suzanne

This is great! This is the first year of doing the South Bay, and it's had so few events down here that I've been estimating about 10 people showing up to Thurday night's events, so let's see if we can match that estimation ...

Not sure when or where but I will be trying to meet up with you guys someplace on Thursday. I may have to work late and get stuck in Traffic too.

Chongolio

MT

By an incredible coincidence, I plan on being at all of those locations!

By a truly mind-boggling coincidence, we plan on being all those very same places Thursday too!!! :o

i'll be there and would be much obliged if i can hitch a ride to the later evening locations from anyone who will be travelling to them...as well as travelling to the west to go home (specifically west sj).

at the earlier locations, i will be with my mom--a closet tiki enthusiast in which she pretends to hate tiki, yet actively goes to antique stores which she dislikes and buys tiki things. she is also a palo alto/stanford native.

A

I'm gonna shoot for TVics tall tree, I mean, Palo Alto.

-Randy

BL

I'll at least be at Vic's and Martini Monkey and can't wait to see everyone!

--Rebecca

S

Sniff!!!! Something came up and I don't think I can make it down for the South Bay leg of the crawl tonight! :( Nothing will stop me from being there Fri and Sat though....

Suzanne

T

I'll see you at Vic's tonight!

Wish I could be there with y'all tonight!!! Maybe I'll drink a lil mai tai in honor (and to self medicate since I tweeked my back real good this week- anyone have any super long straws so I can lay on the floor and still sip my drinks? )
See y'all tomorrow!
Pea

S

Oh no, Pea!! :( What did you do to yourself?

Suzanne

S

stupid sciatic nerve thingie.
But it's okay, been home for a day and a half with ice.
woowee.
but I'm gettin better, and some R&R down south
will be good!
Pea

S

Well rest up and get better! Can't wait to see ya!

Suzanne

Thank you so much to everyone who came out and joined us for the kickoff of the crawl last night! It worked out so well, especially Martini Monkey, whose outstanding hospitality and delicious drinks made it so hard to leave for the next stop. It was great to meet some new faces, too, and it was so fun to have something going on right in our own backyard. By coincidence, Sven Koch, Hans Richter and Eve Bergeron were at the Palo Alto Trader Vic's while we were there! Didn't get a chance to say hi to Sven or Hans before they left, but we did chat with Eve for a bit, who gave us a grand tour through the restaurant's many art pieces. I've got some pictures from last night, I'll start a new photos thread and post them there.

Great time last night! The Stanford tiki gardens were fabulous. How did they do that?!! :o Anyone who hasn't seen them yet should go. It's exceptional.

Vics patio seating in the warm weather was like a mini Hawaiian vacation. Hanford, this good experience is helping me get over my PATV issues. :wink:

Martini Monkey lived up to it's rep. Going to spend more time there. Staff and drinks are expectional (jeez, it's only day one and already too drunk to spell). Had so much fun with Humu discovering new travlin friends! Thanks for setting it up Hanford and Humu.

Nice meeting new friends from afar and spending quality time with the usual Ohana.

Happy Friday, see ya'll tonight!

T

Martini Monkey was great! I had a French 75 and a Pisco Sour, and both were excellent!

I hope everyone had a good time at Smoke Tiki. When I saw the line to get in there I made Boo Loo join me for a cocktail at my favorite San Jose watering hole Original Joe's!

Thanks to everyone who made it out! I counted about twenty five people at Trader Vic's, which was a lot larger than I thought we'd get. I agree that Martini Monkey was the hit of the evening, with their fantastic cocktails and hospitality-beyond-belief. Although Smoke Tiki was a teenage dance club last night, it was still a LOT of fun to hang out with everyone who made it there. We stayed till 1:00am.

I can't wait for tonight!

~Hanford

A

Nice seeing everybody at Vics. Time flies when you're having Dr. Funk and Gun Club Punch. Thanks Hanford and Humu for organizing it, and for the neato passport idea.

BTW, here's one more candidate site (maybe) for Peninsula/South Bay activities sometime. Golfland in Sunnyvale has a tiki course right on El Camino about 5 miles down from Vics. I don't think anyone's going to base an art history doctoral thesis on the cultural authenticity of the tikis there, but anyway it's fun if you're a mini golf fan like me.

-Randy

We were headed to Martini Monkey (with Aquazombie and Tiki Goddessin tow) and got horribly lost, due to a million detours downtown. When we finally got there, we were taken aback by all the airport traffic (and all the cop cars!!), plus we thought it was too late and that you had all moved on. So we headed to Smoke Tiki and chilled there for a bit. There were no TCers there, so after enduring the crowds and pounding hip hop for a couple of drinks, we headed back home. Sorry we miised you all... We were so looking forward to finally experiencing Martini Monkey.

Pages: 1 23 replies