Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Crawl 6: Frisco FRIDAY Roll Call

Pages: 1 16 replies

Aloha: If you plan on making it to any part of Friday's Tiki Crawl Locations, please post here and let us know! Trader Vic's SF should be especially fun!

J

I plan to make it Trader Vic's SF after the Giants game. See you there.
JenTiki

M

Oh, if it ain't too far I'd like to see San Fancisco Vic's, just once, before I die. I hear it's very beautiful this time of year, the limes, the simple syrups, the many pretty bottles on the wall.

Put me down for one, possibly two, if my nurse's aid is available. I'm up for a crawl, within moderation of course, as I am old.

midnite needs his medicine, kiddies.
uncle

S

I get into your fair city on Friday morning bright and
early! As long as Mig is there, Pea will be there!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

T

The boss has graciously agreed to give me the day off work friday. So...provided I survive thursday night..I'm plannin on being there!

My lovely wife may make the earlier stops.

I'm planning on meeting you all at the Tonga!

S

I'll be there from the very first second!

Mig will be there Pea but even if he isn't, I'll come and find ya!

See you all so soon!

Suzanne

MT

By an incredible coincidence, I plan on being at all of those locations!

There's an outside chance I can meet up starting at the Tonga Room. But, I will definitely see everyone Saturday, starting at TV Emeryville!! Don't have too much fun without me!

• Myke

We will definitely be at Vic's. Possibly before the rest of you, chowing down.

I'd love to visit Sam's but I do that anyway whenever possible, and have been to the Tonga so much lately I probably won't manage it tonight.

But Vic's, definitely. Can't wait!!!

Not sure if I'll make it in time for Sams. If not, I'll catch up at the Tonga Room. See y'all tonight!

H

We'll see everyone soon at Trad'r Sam's (or later stops)!

Some tips on getting around San Francisco:

Parking at the Tonga Room can be pricey, and finding parking near Bamboo Hut can be very difficult. BART and the bus are free today by a fantastic stroke of luck (thanks for the tip, Tofu Joe!), but perhaps the best option is to join up into groups of 3 and 4 and take cabs from stop to stop. The Tonga Room, Bamboo Hut and Trader Vic's are all pretty darned close to each other, and the cab rides will be quite affordable. Trad'r Sam's is a little bit further out, but the cab ride still isn't too bad, especially when it's split among multiple people. Cabs are plentiful in San Francisco -- it's one of those towns where you can hail them from the street instead of having to call them. Here's a directory of S.F. cab companies:

http://www.ci.sf.ca.us/site/taxicommission_index.asp?id=8125

CL

Just a note...BART stops running at 1:00 am.

If anyone needs to get back to the EB after that, you can cab it. It'll cost around $40 - $65. Split among several people, it can be somewhat cost effective.

Cab tip: Don't tell them your destination until you're sitting in the cab. Some of the cab drivers resist driving across the bridge to the EB. If you're in the cab already, they rarely will say no.

Wow! What a night! Four bars over ten hours, and we've still got one more night to go! Trad'r Sam in the afternoon was a wonderful treat -- enough elbow room to really see the place and meet our fellow crawlers. The Tonga Room was their usual selves. Bamboo Hut is another great bar that really shines when it's NOT overpacked and bonucing from techno music. But Trader Vic's SF was the perfect anchor bar. Their staff took care of us and gave us plenty of space to lounge.

Thanks for everyone who made it out tonight. I can't wait for tomorrow, the main event!

~Hanford

It was a FUN night, despite personal incidents with crazy cab drivers, friendly tow trucks, comedian cops, et al. :blush: Shout out thanks again to Boo Loo for her moral support through our unusual side trip adventure. :)

The complimentary drinks (oops did I say drinks??... guess I'm still "affected")...correction, comlimentary APPETIZERS at TV were a great treat. The SF staff couldn't have been nicer.

And it was really nice to be in the Bamboo hut before the crowds. Much fun! See ya tonight. Mahalo.

That was swell! The weather couldn't have been more perfect, and hitting S.F. on Friday instead of Saturday seemed to translate into having the stops pretty much to ourselves (except for the Tonga Room). It was so nice to visit Bamboo Hut and feel like we were actually in an honest-to-Ku tiki bar, instead of a disco. And it's always a treat to see the faces of those who are visiting the Tonga Hut for the first time -- and the staff there have elevated poor service to performance art -- I think at this point, I'd be disappointed if the service improved. The food and drinks at Trader Vic's San Francisco really hit the spot. I've posted my pictures in the photos thread -- now I've got to get ready for tonight's marathon!

Thanks to everyone who has come along for the trip so far! The stops are fab, but the company is what really makes it a blast.

S

I had a blast on Friday. It was really fun! Saturday was somehow even better! I just can't wait for another crawl!

Suzanne

Pages: 1 16 replies