Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

In search of Hala Kahiki vintage matchbook cover

Pages: 1 4 replies

I am looking for an original old Hala Kahiki matchbook cover for my Witco book. It is the same design than the recent one, beige, with a Tiki on it. I have that newer one, but the printing on it is 2nd or 3rd generation and the lines are not a as clear, no good for blow up. The Hala Kahiki never made any print items of graphic value, like menus or postcards, that matchbook is the only piece I know of.

Thing is, I once had one, but I gave it away to a fellow collector, and now I can't remember who it was..! Maybe the person will read this and reply. Mahalo.

On 2006-07-17 00:49, bigbrotiki wrote:

Thing is, I once had one, but I gave it away to a fellow collector, and now I can't remember who it was..! Maybe the person will read this and reply. Mahalo.

I didn't mean that I was only waiting for that one person's reply...C'mon, no one of the many collectors here has that Hala Kahiki matchbook?

i think i got one...the tiki is kinda greenish, but it's in great shape if i recall correct and withthe older, crisper looking graphics

if i can't find it, i'll march over to hala kahiki and get one for you...the owners might have some of the older ones kickin' around...

Thanks Dave! Green sounds good too, even better. Is the type in Bamboo font, a Tiki in tropical landscape on one side and a pineapple on the other?

Pages: 1 4 replies