Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

I need a "bright" idea

Pages: 1 10 replies

L

All,

I am finally going ot cover the white ceilings and remove the tacky ceiling fan in my tiki lounge. I need some ideas how to replace the light source from the fan in a tiki manner. This light will be on a dimmer and will be used for "last Call" duties as well as if someone loses a contact, a sewing needle or a diamond ring (all which have happened already) Any ideas would be appreciated.

I don't know.

What do you think Jimmy Buffet would do?

I replaced my crappy ceiling fan with one of these:

Available at Home Depots everywhere

where are you?

L

On 2006-07-19 15:15, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I don't know.

What do you think Jimmy Buffet would do?

I doubt Buffet has much tiki in his house. Though you never know. I am a huge parrothead, but that's not the feel of my tiki lounge. I am looking for more upscale than the Margaritaville stuff, though I do like the tequilias.

L

On 2006-07-19 15:20, Tikiwahine wrote:
I replaced my crappy ceiling fan with one of these:

Available at Home Depots everywhere

I love those, however I am trying to eliminate the fan as it hangs too low and seems to crowd the space. My ceilings are not as tall as yours. Btw you have done awesome with your space.

L

On 2006-07-19 16:13, TIKI DAVID wrote:
where are you?

Nashville TN

On 2006-07-19 18:04, Lingam wrote:
I love those, however I am trying to eliminate the fan as it hangs too low and seems to crowd the space. My ceilings are not as tall as yours. Btw you have done awesome with your space.

Hey thanks, it's coming along. It's amazing what a bit of matting will do for esthetics.
So you're looking for something tiki AND bright? What about taking one of those white globe lights and decorating it up like a fish float? I've seen that done before with great results.

L
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.