Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

New Tiki Farm,,,, BenZart Mugs. ....STAY TUNED

Pages: 1 2 88 replies

Can't believe I didn't see this one until just now! These are awesome! I'm totally worked up about these mugs! Awesome designs, and awesome looking sculpts! Those are gonna look good good good!!!!! Sweeet!

Ben, having you do a couple of mugs is such a no-brainer I can't beleive no one thought of it before! That's gonna be AWSOME!

Ahh man these are so bad ass Ben!!! You should be proud.

Can't wat to see them finished.

As always you da man.

On 2006-07-28 18:14, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Ahh man these are so bad ass Ben!!! You should be proud.

Can't wat to see them finished.

As always you da man.

Thanx Flounder! I am proud!

NO!! You da Man!!

B

Thanks everyone and you too Flounder. Ben you can be Proud too! Everyone, I know this has been a long time coming. Actually it has been in the works for awhile but you know how Slow I am. Good news coming about the Pendants.
It looks like we will have Bodhi Glass do the pendantsout of glass. Doing them in ceramic would be too expensive and we felt that the Glass would add to the collectability factor and be fairly inexpensive to boot. (Music to my ears) You can see BodhiBoy's work HERE He is BodyBoy here on TC and some of you may be familiar with his Awesome work. Welcome BodhiBoy!

I dig your art... LOOKS nothing like anything we have seen before or over & over! Looking forward to it's release!

B

Thanks again for all the props and comps. As the official TF custom is to name each mug, we have decided on ,,,, Vicious and Malicious for this pair. Which is Vicious I'm not sure but probably the short guy, then the Big guy is Malicious.

Yo-Ho-Ho, Benz! I'm waaayyy behind on the compliments wagon to post...BUT these are SsweeetT! Mad props to you and I see high dollar marks for any handpaints, if you go there?!!!

You da man BenZ!...YOU DA MAN!!!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp...

I love the names for the two savages. awesome work.

[ Edited by: unklefun 2006-08-10 12:38 ]

I can't wait to see the finished product....sick designs.
Peace and respect........Tikinomad.

[ Edited by: Tikinomad 2006-08-11 14:43 ]

amazing artistry. i hope i'm able to get a mug and pendant. my compliments and support. long live our artists they will keep our culture alive.

Wow, a Ta Moko mug? What a Great Idea! Why didn't I think of it?

Well do I at least get a complimentary set for the idea?

I kinda feel butt-hurt.

Quote:

On 2006-12-18 3:02am, AlienTiki wrote:

I kinda feel butt-hurt.

Other people have used the Ta Moko design on other mugs.

Check out this Spanish mug:

T

I would say that Alientiki's is the first actual idea for having the Ta Moko man top cut mug. I would say that the Spanish mug doesn't look like a man with just top of head cut off. Benzart's mugs look like more of an actual man missing forehead like Alien's picture. Now BenZart, had the same figure before the Munktiki contest but not as a mug ever.

But what really get me, is that Alien's idea got no love when he did it.

I think that there is still room for a mug like Alien's picture on shelves. Wow, that's a sticky Jiffy.

teaKEY wrote:

I think that there is still room for a mug like Alien's picture on shelves.

~ I agree. I'm all for more mugs!

B

On 2006-12-18 03:02, AlienTiki wrote:

I kinda feel butt-hurt.

AlienTiki, Personally I like yours better than Mine. Mine was done after my #20 pendant done a couple years ago. I see no reason why your design wouldn't make a great mug too, make it happen!

On 2006-12-18 07:59, Benzart wrote:

On 2006-12-18 03:02, AlienTiki wrote:

I kinda feel butt-hurt.

AlienTiki, Personally I like yours better than Mine. Mine was done after my #20 pendant done a couple years ago. I see no reason why your design wouldn't make a great mug too, make it happen!

Alientiki,I agree with benzart, that you should really get these made. They would surely sell out.

P
Paipo posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 3:08 PM

Royal Doulton made one about 70 or 80 years ago - it just sold here for $65,000.

Best photo I could find online, but I saw a better one in a magazine - the face is fully tattooed and he has ear pendants, even the tousled hair, very much like the drawing above. Yes, it's a 'character jug' rather than a tiki mug, but essentially it is exactly the same thing - a vessel in the form of a tattoed chief's head.
The point is, it's hardly a creative concept anyone could claim credit for or copyright - Gecko has also made one, Porcelanas Pavon have made them. There are probably others waiting to be discovered. Objects based on tattooed Maori chiefs are a dime-a-dozen over here. It's hardly an original idea and Ben has been carving these guys for many years. His are actually conceptually different in that most of them are based on moko mokai(preserved tattooed heads) rather than a life study such as the example above and your drawing - hence the lack of neck and shoulders. They are probably what he is best known for, so it's natural that Tiki Farm would use them when designing their mugs.

Honestly, I love your work Ben. I had a moment of unclear thought and let jealousy get the better of me. I only wished I had stumbled upon this thread sooner so I could have placed an order.

Your prototypes look great! Congratulations on your success. I think you more than deserve it. I have never seen you be anything but generous and kind here at TC.

T

Alien, this is just a TC limited edition color with necklace package. There still will be heads for sale, the way I understand it. Probably through Tiki FArm and other outlets.

P

T

Hey that's Tony 'the fish' ...haven't seen him in years!!!

Hey Ben, if alientiki really wants the TC set I will let him have my second set i preordered, but thats only if you say its kool.

B

AlienTiki, it's OK, Holden had to order in lots of 20 I believe and there are a couple extras. I will put your name on the list if you like. The TC Package is 2 mugs, Vicious and malicious with matching glass pendants. and the cose is $75 plus shipping.
If you are on the list, then when the package comes available, you will be contacted for sales info.

Availability Update

Looks like the mugs are all enroute to Tiki Farm, but the glass pendants will be a bit longer. BodhiBoyhad a big job to do in England which was delayed by severe weather so I will update you all as soon as I hear any further news.

and this one that ony a couple of peeps have seen. a Diablo one-off

if you could add my name for a package, if availible, i would be honored and oh so happy. finally got a job so my habits back in full swing!

That Moari Macumba Mug is sweeeeet Danny!!

Make them and they will sell$$$$$ :)

Looking forward to the TC Benzart package!!!

Happy Holidaze,
Jeff

Sounds great Ben. I would love a set!!!
Put me on the list.

Mahalo
EIBass

Far out Ben! Can't wait to see and possibly own one of these beauties!

Oh I almost forgot! Mele Kalikimaka to you and your lovely wife!

There's nothing like a sunny gulf coast Christmas, eh?

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-12-25 09:44 ]

Just wanted to let you all know that the mugs are ready to ship and we're working out some kinks on the pendants. I'll have Ben post more information as he's the one whose followed the progress of this project the closest.
Mahaloz,
Holden

T

What if we get mugs now and pendents later? Is that what you are hinting at? But I can wait.

Saw Benz mugs at Atomic Frolic. They are very nice indeed. Awesome job lads.

better to be patient, great things come ............ that's what madam wongmugs cookie had to say anyway :D

cant wait!, cant wait!

T

My mugs, Vicious & Malicious, arrived today-they're gorgeous! I thought the taller one-Malicious?-was going to be my favorite, but the detail on the back of Vicious' head is cool-I'm torn. Ben, you are an awesome artist, & these mugs (w/ Squid's sculpts)have rocketed to the top of my favorite mugs. I can't wait to show them to some of my friends, (who all think I'm a bit loony about tiki mugs, but hey?) Also, thanks to Holden & the Tiki Farm for making these available to the masses (that would be me)...Thistle

T

Whats the status on the TC special?
Anyone?
Bueller?

T

Oooh! I can't wait!

B

We should have a firm bit of news soon. Sorry for the delay.. It looks like we will be able to make a mid March release. The mugs are in hand, just waiting on the pendants.....More Later

YAY!!!

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:05 ]

[ Edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:07 ]

B

Thanks guys. Blackfish, a word of caution, watch out for Vicious sitting there so quietly, when you are not paying atention he will have his way and the Vicious monikir came by honestly. Keep'em Both full and Happy!

Pages: 1 2 88 replies