Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kamala's Last Night at the TONGA HUT 9/9 Saturday!!!!

Pages: 1 17 replies

Hello tiki friends,

This Saturday is my LAST NIGHT at the beloved TONGA HUT! Please come visit me for a Voodoo Juice or tasty cocktail of your choice! Trader RICK will be mixing up the exotic tunes as well.
I finally broke and got a day job ;<
But, this means that I can join you more often on the other side of the counter.

Mahalo, ox,
KamakOOnga
(Kamala)

Hey Tiki Freaks! Thanks for coming down to the Hut a few Saturdays ago. I had a great time meeting all of you! This Saturday there is a continuation of the party, actually every Saturday. The Exotic lounge is a tasty blend of Surf, Exotica, Rockabilly, and Lounge music shaken not stirred by DJ TRADER RICK himself!

Look for the sinful cocktail THE SATAN! It is a searing shot served in a mini tiki mug that will add to the heat of the evening!

For further info:
EVERY
Saturday Night~Exotic Lounge

9pm-2am

DJ TRADER RICK will spin exotic tunes from Surf, Exotica, Lounge, Rockabilly, and more...

Get yourself ready for a magical Mai Tai, a venturesome Voodoo Juice, a titillating Tonga Tea, or something straight up like a Kamala-Kazi!

MAP:
http://maps.citysearch.com/location/325813?

http://myspace.com/tongahut

The TONGA HUT
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
(818) 769-0708

I'll see you there!

Your Bartender,
KamaKOONGA

PS
Do you remember me? I may have slurped up some of your cocktails in the room crawl at the tiki oasis!

(TIKI OASIS 2006)

[ Edited by: KAMAKOONGA 2006-09-06 21:50 ]

On 2006-07-21 10:12, KAMAKOONGA wrote:
The Exotic lounge is a tasty blend of Surf, Exotica, Rockabilly, and Lounge music shaken not stirred by DJ TRADER RICK himself!

Well, sometimes its shaken if I have too much to drink!

Hope everyone who missed it last time will be out this time. If you missed it last time, you missed dancing and a conga line! Pretty cool, especially when you consider that the Tonga Hut has no dance floor! And don't forget, this is TOMORROW night. You could spend Saturday at Tonga Hut and Sunday at the Tiki Luau at the Egyptian Theater. Not a bad weekend, really.

Sounds fun...just make sure you don't buy DJ Trader Rick "Satan Shots"...he then shouts like the devil! He, he...I hope to see ya tiki folk getting your tiki on!

H

Mrs. and Mr. Hiltiki will be there shortley, can't wait. :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

H

Kamakoonga, nice meeting you and thanks for the great drinks. Great tiki bar with great music. See you soon again.

H

I can't believe it but I went back to Tonga Hut tonight again with Q-Tiki. It is becoming a habit with me this hot summer. Wish there were other TCers along???? There is something about this place that is real special. I guess it's the fact that it is real and not a want to be....

Thanks for coming down Mrs. and Mr. Hiltiki! It was great to meet some fellow tiki goers! You guys were a lot of fun!!! I hope to see more TC folks this Saturday.

DJ Trader Rick showed up a little after you left...his car broke down, but he is dedicated to TIKI and he made it after all. Thanks Trader Rick, you are super!

[ Edited by: KAMAKOONGA 2006-07-27 11:15 ]

Don't forget about tomorrow night...DJ Trader Rick and the Exotic Lounge!

Mahalo,
Kamakoonga

Hey Guys,

I'm back from rollercon (the roller derby convention in Vegas) and I'm ready to get my Tiki on. Come down to the Tonga this Saturday night! DJ trader Rick will be there to concoct some delicious mixes of music! I will be there for party support mixing up some sort of tropical breeze that will give you power to dance and hit on that hot lil' honey!

I look forward to see my tiki friends!

Mahalo,
Kamakoonga

[ Edited by: KAMAKOONGA 2006-08-11 11:46 ]

You HAVE to SEE this!!!

TIKI Meets Roller Derby, yah!

TC Folks, come and support your favorite Tiki Barmaid Skating her Ass off at the ACDG BOUT this Saturday. After party at the Tonga Hut!

WHO'S IN?

Angel City Derby Girls vs. Central Coast Roller Girls AUG.19

SATURDAY, AUGUST 19TH!

FREAKY TIKI THROWDOWN!

7:00pm
Gates at 6:00 pm

North Hollywood YMCA Hockey Rink

5142 Tujunga Ave. North Hollyood, 91601

PLEASE NOTE: The rink is in the park, enter just off I-170 and Magnolia exit,
around the corner from the YMCA address
*Going North on the 170 exit Magnolia make a RIGHT then a Quick LEFT into the 1st Park Parkiing Lot!!! If you passe the LIBRARY on the corner of Magnolia and Tujunga you WENT TOO FAR. (extra parking on the Chandler Blvd side of the park)

Google Maps is your friend (not exact due to location in PARK)
http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=5142+Tujunga+Ave,+North+Hollywood,+CA+91601

Price: $10

Kids under 10 get in free

BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY!

Click on this link to purchase NOW!
http://www.angelcityderby.com/

*Ticket aslo available at the TONGA HUT (where the after party will be going on)

BOUT AFTER PARTY 9:30pm-2am
at the
TONGA HUT

Saturday Night Exotic Lounge FREAKY TIKI After Party

LIVE @

The TONGA HUT
12808 Victory Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91606-3013
(818) 769-0708

Trader Rick will be spinning sweet sounds from Tropical Places...exotica, surf, lounge, and more! Splash of Punk, Rock, and Rockabilly will also be enjoyed!

MAP:
http://maps.citysearch.com/location/325813?

http://myspace.com/tongahut

It's today the FREAKY TIKI TRHOWDOWN!!! Hell ya! Come on tiki folks...roller derby in action, live music, DJ's, food, and TIKI all for only $10! Then a awesome after party at the TONGA HUT. What else can you ask for?

Hello tiki friends,

This Saturday is my LAST NIGHT at the beloved TONGA HUT! Please come visit me for a Voodoo Juice or tasty cocktail of your choice! Trader RICK will be mixing up the exotic tunes as well.
I finally broke and got a day job ;<
But, this means that I can join you more often on the other side of the counter.

Mahalo, ox,
KamakOOnga
(Kamala)

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 7, 2006 9:03 AM

Sorry Kama,
Got a Luau that night, can't make it to Tonga hut for your last night.

H

Sorry Kama got a Grog luau that night along with blood sausages.....

Oh yeah,

Well have fun! I wish I could be there!

-K

Nice meeting you, tonight.

See you, on the other side of the bar, and may be at a LA Conservancy ModCom meeting.

Thanks for hanging! I had a lot of fun! You guys were great...

Pages: 1 17 replies