Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Awesome resin tikis better than TARGET!

Pages: 1 10 replies

Please visit our website @ islandtiki.net to view our new line of resin tikis! They turned our great! We specialize in hand carved and resin tikis, pelicans and bamboo products! These look so REAL that people actually think they are wood! The bark on the back is just like a palm tree. These are hand painted and UV coated to withstand the outdoors. Prices range from $70 and up. These are replicas of our original hand carved tikis carved by Todd and Trent Smith of Islandtiki.com.

See some sample pics at shutterfly also:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d905b3127cce8b6d55bfbfc900000015108AbuWjVq5auL

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d905b3127cce8b6d55be3ef800000015108AbuWjVq5auL

Thanks to everyone on tiki forum for all of your input!

[ Edited by: island tiki 2006-07-24 13:57 ]

[ Edited by: island tiki 2006-07-24 13:59 ]

Does anybody else get their browser to crash when you go to his home page?
I use Firefox and it crashes when it starts to load. Never seen that at any other website.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jul 24, 2006 4:59 PM

Works fine for me

Those are exceptional Wayne Coombs replicas! Hope the big fellow is licensed & gets a cut!!

Wayne Coombs

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-07-24 22:45 ]

M

Definately Mai Tiki looking! Be careful! They look great though.

yeah - how come mai tiki is the "official" tiki to copy for Florida?

"I'm so lost in my mind that I can't touch the ground....and I've drank so much cheap wine that I feel I might drown"

[ Edited by: polynesiac 2006-07-25 15:48 ]

S

Nice. The bottom of the page is very strongly worded about copyright. I recall when Wayne had to shut down a Home Depot production about 5 years ago.

Then you have to wonder. Wayne has become an icon. His work is copied more than any of the more original older stuff. Wayne's work has become the standard for Florida tiki carvers in the commercial world. Times are a changin'.

And to prevent the crashing, stop using Firefox... Oh wait, you can't. It won't fully uninstall and it won't allow you to run IE correctly ever again. Oh well. You're stuck with it.

....it won't allow you to run IE correctly ever again.

I donĀ“t think IE ever ran correctly.... :)

Thats kinda messed up. Wayne would have stomped you for that, but now he's dead so I guess your safe.

T

Man Wayne was awesome, great guy!

He is gone, but he can still do this.

Pages: 1 10 replies