Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki in Kauai??

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hi all we are new members as of today, been into tiki for a while! I have a 62 vw doublecab lic "tiki bad" with bamboo and tiki theme. We are in phoenix and are going to miss the trader vic's opening, but we will be in the mother land "KAUI". Does any one know of tiki stuff on the island?? We are so glad to have found this site! awsome!!! thank scott

Aloha, Tiki-Fire,

This Kauai Tiki Report is located in the Tiki Travel section.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=1171&forum=16&34

Be sure and post the results of your own explorations, locally as well as in Kauai.

Badfire (welcome)
Show us a pic of the doublecab!

he samba, under jerome last year you can see the 3 photos listed under scott woodward , is my double cab and 2001 beetle. thanks for the lead on the kauai info. this is just a great site!!! scott

L

i went to the Big Island instaed of Kauai last year and the BEST place for TIKI hands down was the 'place of refuge' on big island. it was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

On 2006-08-07 20:08, lostTiKi wrote:
i went to the Big Island instaed of Kauai last year and the BEST place for TIKI hands down was the 'place of refuge' on big island. it was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!

yeah, the place of refuge is incredible! don't forget to go snorkeling there with the giant sea turtles.

L

so help me out--- I've only been to the Big Island (LOVED place of refuge)...and thinking of goig to Kauai in 3 weeks as a change?? will i be dissapointed?? i loved the Big Island-- is there just as cool things in Kauai??? anywhere as coll as teh place of refuge?? help quick

K

On 2006-08-09 17:05, lostTiKi wrote:
so help me out--- I've only been to the Big Island (LOVED place of refuge)...and thinking of goig to Kauai in 3 weeks as a change?? will i be dissapointed?? i loved the Big Island-- is there just as cool things in Kauai??? anywhere as coll as teh place of refuge?? help quick

Kauai is not a tiki destination really. And to go there seeking tiki would be defeating the point of the visit. It is a beautiful island, and you are best off simply enjoying it for that alone.

That said, to answer your question "is there anything on Kauai as cool as the place of refuge"...

Yes, Waimea canyon is one of the most incredible and beautiful places on earth as far as I am concerned. Spend an entire day there.

And the Smith Family Luau is nearly unchanged since it began. Be sure to go.

And also the Kauai Museum is worth the time if you care at all about the history of the island and it's native peoples, animals, and plants.

Here is a link to the FOM gallery which contains Kauai pics I took on my two most recent trips. I'll be back there in March and I'll take more then as well.

http://www.fraternalorderofmoai.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3

Ahu

Hey Ahu,
Cool pics man.
I've been to Kauai twice. my parents go every year, and are there right now.
when we did the Napali coast it was real tame waters, they backed the
boat into the cave and I was sittingin the last seat. He backed me right underneath a waterfall that comes into the ocean cave.
was cold, but felt so refreshing.
good times, Kauai is so beautiful.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. no chicken pictures? almost all of our pics have chickens in thm as they were all over the island when we were there.

T

We did 7 islands last December. Good Fire on Big Island, I didn't see fire on any other island. Here's us when we sneaked out to the Pu U O' O' vent in the national park:

Waikiki was pretty nice too though:

But Wiamea Canyon was very nice also.

These three Photos Copyright 2005 by Greg Pearce

[ Edited by: tikigap 2006-08-13 12:55 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies