Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

In search of Tiki plate from Hilo Hattie

Pages: 1 5 replies

P

This is a repost of my request in the introductions thread.

Hello,

I have come to this board in hope you Tiki fanatics can help. I was on holiday in Oahu in June and my wife spotted a plate with a tiki on it in the Hilo Hattie shop. We were supposed to go back and buy it later but never did and since then I have been trying to locate the plate. I have tried emailing the Hilo Hattie store but they have never replied .

Which comes to me posting here. I figure that possibly one of the members here may have purchased such a plate and can help me track one down for my wife. It was an oval plate about 20" long and 12" wide. It was about $20 - $25 and had a cartoon type beach scene with a hut and a tiki on it and I remember it being very vibrant possibly with a lot of red. I figure it's the sort of plate that someone here may have taken a liking to.

Where on the board can I post this information? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

It was suggested that I post here with additional information but I'm not sure I can provide any more. Perhaps a member here bought such a plate and could post photos of it as I have none?

Thanks,

Paul

Hilo Hattie's has a website. I didn't see the plate you described, but they have a customer service number. They might be able to find it for you.

http://hilohattie.com/customer_service/customerservice.cfm

On 2006-07-25 23:19, pashek wrote:

Which comes to me posting here. I figure that possibly one of the members here may have purchased such a plate and can help me track one down for my wife. It was an oval plate about 20" long and 12" wide. It was about $20 - $25 and had a cartoon type beach scene with a hut and a tiki on it and I remember it being very vibrant possibly with a lot of red. I figure it's the sort of plate that someone here may have taken a liking to.

Where are you located Paul? I seem to recall seeing something like that at the Hilo Hattie's in Orange. There were other items in the same motif, weren't there? I seem to recall some dinner plates, and salt/pepper shakers. I think this stuff was on clearance the last time I was there, within the last two months. I'll try and stop by sometime this week, and see if I can't find what you're talking about. I can't make any promises, but I'll see what I can find.

Now, having worked at that particular Hilo Hattie's location, and having visited at least 6 of them elsewhere (Vegas, Oahu, Maui, Kauai), I can tell you that not all Hilo Hattie stores are created equal. They don't all carry the same shirts, and things like dinnerware might be at one place and not another. If you don't mind the long distance phone call and the cost for shipping the item, the store where you originally saw the plate will mail order it for you, all you have to do is give them a credit card over the phone. We did that a few times for customers that called our store in Orange. I'd recommend this particular option, as you ultimately have a better chance of getting what you want. The longer you wait, the higher the probability that the item you want will either be sold (especially if it's been put on clearance). This is a situation where e-mail will not help you. Pick up the phone.
Good luck. If I make it over to Hilo Hattie, I'll post something here.

P

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I am in the Scotland and given the very vague description I'm not sure a phone call at the moment would be the best idea.

When we saw the plate in the first place we enquired about shipping and because we were in the UK they would only use Fedex (I think) and this was going to cost around $60 just for shipping! This just didn't make sense and that's why we were supposed to go back.

If the plate is still there would it be possible to take a photo? That would be great.

T

On 2006-07-26 12:19, pashek wrote:
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I am in the Scotland and given the very vague description I'm not sure a phone call at the moment would be the best idea.

When we saw the plate in the first place we enquired about shipping and because we were in the UK they would only use Fedex (I think) and this was going to cost around $60 just for shipping! This just didn't make sense and that's why we were supposed to go back.

If the plate is still there would it be possible to take a photo? That would be great.

If I can find it, I can take a picture of it. I'll probably be able to stop by tonight or tomorrow. I'll let you know what I find out.

P

I'm guessing there was no luck on this. Again, I appeal to members to bear this post in mind if they come across such an item. I appreciate any info, I would specifically like to know who makes the plate to source one from the manufacturer or maybe somewhere closer to the UK.

Thanks

Pages: 1 5 replies