Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXV Friday July 28th!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Friday July 28th, 2006 10PM No Cover

Join King Kukulele as he welcomes back to Tiki Taix C.B. Howlie on drums, and Crazy Al on Coco-percussion! This will be a trip back to that wonderful night in Room 135 of the Caliente Tropics, reuniting three of the merrymakers that made that night a legend. Think of this as a Tiki All Star band with representatives from the Friki Tikis, Ape, and the Thurston Howlies creating a musical backdrop for Tiki Taix XXV

AND

The Polynesian Paradise Dancers grace us with their enchanting hula dances once again. The Polynesian Paradise Dancers recently performed with the King at the Egyptian Theatre for the American Cinematheque's 2nd Annual Tiki Luau, and they wowed the crowd. The song Hula Maidens from the King's first CD was written specially for the Polynesian Paradise Dancers and tonight you can see the original Hula Maidens in person!

PLUS

The film “Tiki Tiki Tiki” was filmed at the Kahiki...no really. If you've heard the song Otto's Odyssey then you've heard the line: “Halifax is filming for the BBC”. This is what he was filming and now you have the ultra rare opportunity to see Tiki Tiki Tiki for the first time. It includes an All Star Cast: Sven Kerstin! Otto Von Stroheim! Shag! Joe Bob Briggs? Brother Cleve! Jeff Chenault! Don Tiki! Jack Fetterman! Thank you to Jonny Halifax of London, England for making this great film at the KAHIKI!!

ALSO

Crazy Al is celebrating his 10th anniversary in Tiki Carving and we will take this opportunity to take a look at some of his special “prototypes” and find out exactly what this celebration is going to involve. Think of this as Crazy Al's Show and Tell!

AND

It's been a long time since the Polynesian Paradise Dancers have had a song written about them. Hula Maidens was a song that they danced to on a TV show called Essentials in 1997. Tonight will end the long wait as we premiere a brand new song written specially for these Hula Maidens. This will be the only place to hear the latest tune from King Kukulele at Tiki Taix.

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

WoooHooo! What a Great Way to Celebrate TGIF!! SoccerTiki and I hope to see everyone from TC at Taix :)

Once again, another great way to spend a Friday evening! A FREE Friday evening! Unless of course you wanna meet for dinks at Tiki Ti before the show!

P

I have a drum corps show in Riverside friday evening (yuck, I HATE Riverside! Whoever decided to do a show on a friday in Riverside needs to be publicly flogged!). But assuming I survive it and can get back at a reasonable time, I may pop in at Tiki Ti. Don't know about Taix, though. I have rehearsal early in the morning. Maybe.

Wow! Whatta show!!! Tiki Taix was great last night! C.B.Howlie, King Kukulele & Crazy Al were in top improvisational form and mesmerized us with their comic/musical/fly-by-the-seat-of-their-pants entertainment!!!

And the Polynesian Paradise Hula dancers told us all to keep our eyes on their hands!!!

WooHooWahine and I sat with Ernie Keen front row and center. Ernie even got a special "lap dance" from one of the hula maidens!

TikiTony and friends got into the "Tiny Bubbles" portion of the hula entertainment.

Crazy Al showed us some of his early tikis as well as a sneek preview of his new mugs (to be released in a couple weeks at the Long Beach Tiki Beach Fest.) Here's Crazy Al with his "Talking Tiki"

In attendance to oversee the festivities were the Princess Kukulele and her Big Sister

WoooHooo! Can't wait til the next show!!!
SoccerTiki, out!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-07-30 10:33 ]

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 29, 2006 11:23 AM

You can tell by GROG's(Ernie's) sh*t-eatin grin :D that
GROG wasn't enjoying his hula lap-dance at all.(GROG
lying! :P )It pays to get there early and get a front row
seat. :)

To all the TCers who didn't make it :( you missed an
excellent performance by all of the entertainers.

Soccer and Woohoo, GROG really enjoyed hanging out with
ya'll. King, Crazy Al, CB, and Paradise Dancers let's
do it again tonight!!! :D :D :D

[ Edited by: GROG 2006-07-29 11:24 ]

King Kukulele on the Uke and Crazy Al on the coconuts!!!

C.B. Howlie with an awesome accompaniment on the drums allllll night!

A future crazy tiki starlet accompanying the boys in a version of "Copacabana" Go Valentina!!!

Stuck between the Hula Maidens.....Whatta great place to be! in case you missed it the first time!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2006-07-30 10:32 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies