Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Kon Tiki Tuc. Az.-Ernie Menehune Dinner Show Aug. 13th RSVP now!!!

Pages: 1 16 replies

T

aloha everyone,
i am pleased to announce that the legendary Ernie Menehune & his polynesian review will be performing a dinner show on sunday aug. 13th here at the kon tiki. we have been planning this show for a couple of months and have finally put it together!! so if you are interested please rsvp soon because seating will be limited. for info you can contact us:

bus. 520-323-7193

mahalo
kontikilou

Sounds like fun! I think that I should be able to make that. I'll know in the next few days.

Chris

O
Otto posted on Sun, Jul 30, 2006 11:32 PM

Dang, that is really cool!

How old is he?

If you email me the text from your press release I'll send it out to my email list

[email protected]

Aloha Lou,

This is fantastic news! What a cool event. I am so sorry we are going to miss it :( .

We'll be out of town for this show, but were wondering of you may have another show in the works for Ernie. Let us know and we'll be there.

That's great Louie! Glad you could work that out. For those that don't know much about Ernie Menehune I'll post some quick info about him and his village over in general.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20483&forum=1&0

Maybe we can interest some people who might not be looking in events.

cheeky half

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2006-07-31 10:48 ]

T

no worries tiki-tina! we are going to try and do a show every month, so if you miss this one hopefully you guys can make the next one. cheeky's i am very glad we finally put this together, hope to see you and everyone else here.

mahalo
kontikilou

Man I would love to see this show! I am a big fan of Ernie Menehune, and his Waikiki Jackpot album is one of the best hapa haole records I own.

Here are some particulars for those interested in catching Ernie.

The show is Sunday August 13th, 5:00 to 7:00pm.
There is no cover charge if you are having dinner, $5 if you are just having drinks.
Reservations are needed. (520) 323-7193

bump!

Ernie Menehune Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

It was a great night at the Kon Tiki. Kona Chris took the brunt of Ernie's jokes. Better watch where you sit next time Chris!

Here are a couple of teaser pics.

The rest are posted on our website. There are six pages of photos and some of the pictures are a bit redundant. We needed to post them all because a few people need to have access to them. We'll edit them down as soon as we can.

http://www.velvetglass.com//erniemenehune/kontikishow1.html

It looks like this could be a monthly show, so we hope to see those that couldn't make it this time around.

Ernie will be hosting a luau at Menehune Village on September 30th. You can call his keyboard player Larry Armstrong to purchase tickets. His cell phone number is (520) 490-3279. I'll keep the post over in general updated with luau info. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20483&forum=1&0

cheeky half

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you cheekyhalf!!

The pictures you took are incredible!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

A nice visual tribute to Ernie Menehune and what looked like an very fun and entertaining evening!!!

You Rock!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Did anyone see the ghost??

Kon Tiki Tucson Rocks!!!

Looked like Louie, Marcos ans Rebecca were having fun !!!!

No Paulie???

Arrrrr!!!

Good Times???

You're welcome Jeff. Glad you like them!!!

Ben, funny you should ask about the ghost, Mark took this picture back by the entrance. No one was smoking or even sitting back there.

If any TCer from PHX is attending the Sept. 30 event, let me know--I just scored a couple of Menehune LPs at the Mormon Store(also known as D.I.) as well as this BITCHIN' serving dish--

this was a MAJOR COUP for FRIDAYbut I want these suckers SIGNED--there were a couple more there but I am RUNNING out of space for EXOTICA LPs

[ Edited by: bb moondog 2006-08-26 10:02 ]

Any information on the September 30th Show? I know some people in Southern California who want to come out and WOOOHOOO with the Arizona Ohana :)

There might be a bit of confusion here. Ernie's September 30th show is not at the Kon Tiki, it will be the annual luau that he hosts at his place, Menehune Village. It's a full scale luau with girls, Elvis, drummers, a kalua pig and Ernie (but it is byob.) I posted some pics of last years luau and linked to them above.

Ernie's next show at the Kon Tiki is scheduled for the last Sunday of October.

Mahalo!

cheeky half

Ernie's doing his thing again at Kon Tiki, this coming Sunday 29th at 5pm. If anyone is in the area we'd love to see you there!

Pages: 1 16 replies