Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Screamin Insanity - Tiki Themed Nostalgia Drag Car

Pages: 1 8 replies

H

I saw this over on http://www.sketchkult.com and had to post it...

[quote="MeanMike"]I saw one of the coolest "new" nostalgia funny cars at the Funny Car Reunion today at Raceway Park, E-town, NJ. I figured I'd share it because it's a combo of killer paint (flake, candy, acetylene, beautiful stripes), Jersey style lettering, and a cool tiki motif. It was painted by (Dave)Sano's Custom Paint. This shop is pretty famous on the east coast and cranks out some awesome paint. It was IMHO the best paint at the track today. Hope you enjoy.

[/img]

S

Cool!!!
Don't care much for the car itself, but that paintjob, expecially the hood is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!~
Pea

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jul 31, 2006 6:49 PM

I just so happen to have a 70s Copper station wagon I want to tikify including hibiscus ghost pearl and copper metalflake... :)

Is that a Pontiac Ventura? Please tell me I'm wrong so I don't feel old.

HRT

It's either a Pontiac Ventura or a Grand Prix, I know that these were 2 of the Funny Car body styles of that era.
Bitchen paint job!!

Is there a tiki head on the gear shift?

i think its a grand prix
and i also think its a trigger shifter, so you cant put a tiki on that
(well not easy)

I really love the paint job

It's a 1973 Pontiac Grand Am. Mickey Thompson had several that were raced "back in the day", some under the Revell-Leader name (when Revell, the kit model company sponsored racers such as Mickey and Jungle Jim) and one under the U.S. Marines. This is not the original incarnation of the car. Last fall, at Atco raceway in NJ, it was nearly destroyed in a convertor/transmission explosion but Dave somehow pieced the body back together. Pictures of it from then can be seen at Dave Milcarek's website. Dave's car is not one of Mickey's old bodies, Dave purportedly found it in a junkyard in NJ. One other cool feature it has is the hula girl in a grass skirt in the rear window. She sways her hips as the car moves. When these shots were taken, there was no transmission in the car. The large handle to the right of the seat is actually the brake handle.

[ Edited by: Brian Baker 2006-10-07 09:35 ]

thanx for the info

Pages: 1 8 replies