Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Kelbo's T-shirt

Pages: 1 7 replies

W

Hi, I'm new here, but I love tropical tiki places. I used to go to Kelbo's on Pico all the time, from the late 1950's til they closed. Anyway, I still have a t-shirt I bought at Kelbos and it has the picture on the front and the back. It is yellow and never been worn. I am interested in what it might be worth, does anyone have any idea?

[ Edited by: Wahini 2006-08-03 15:08 ]

What's the size? Have a picture of it?

W

It is an XL, but looks more like a medium or large to me. It has a picture on the front AND the back. email me at [email protected] and I can email you pictures. I am just curious as to what it might be worth.

W

[ Edited by: Wahini 2006-08-05 15:06 ]

It's garbage, send it to me for safe disposal. (Really old TC joke)

Have Aunt Bungy and Bamboo Ben sign it (Reg. Eli Hedley who designed the decor) and frame it, and you will have a nice little trophy there.

i agree with unga, it should be in a nice bamboo frame.

W
Wahini posted on Thu, Aug 3, 2006 3:10 PM

My, aren't we funny in tikiland? :)
I put it on ebay for 199.99 and then freaked out that someone might actually BID on it!!! OMG... I would need a LOT of cash to cry into if I ever did part with it!!!

B
bungy posted on Sat, Aug 5, 2006 1:53 PM

Re: Kelbo's :Every time someone brings up Kelbo's, my mouth immediatly starts watering.. those are without a doubt the best ribs in the world!!
Did I tell you that a whole wall dividing the 2 eating rooms was made from old glass battery jars, filled with some kind of solution that preserved arrangments of different colored seaweed that we used to gather at our Cove, when it was low tide?? An artist friend of the family did them.. they were spectacular! Looking forward to fun in Ft Lauderdale...at HUKILAU!!! Auntie Bungy

Pages: 1 7 replies