Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Whats on in September/October in California Area?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Hi
We are coming over for vacation from England, and travelling around California, and wanted to know if there is anything TIKI on while we are there? I know the Hukilau is on in Ft Laurderdale, but we haven't got the time to go there as well, we have roughly about 3 weeks, and would like to catch up with a few of you and go to some good events!!
Thanks.

M

California area? Our state is 1300 miles long and 400 miles wide.

What part of California will you be visiting?

CL

I concur with Monkeyman. It's a big state: 8 hour drive from San Francisco to LA. (1 hour flight). 6 hours from San Francisco to the Oregon border. If one observes the speed limit of course.

Here in the San Francisco Bay Area there are numerous Tiki locals. There's a ton of stuff to do in Southern CA too. But I defer to the Southern CA Ohana to advise.

When and where are you visiting?

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-08-01 15:50 ]

T

Thanks. I know California is a big State, we have been there many times, but we are going to be travelling around for 3 weeks, driving from San Diego up to San Fransisco and beyond, so if we know of things that are on, we can try and make them. It will probably be late September early October.

Thanks.

Humuhumu posts upcoming tiki events here:
http://blog.humuhumu.com/

Also, last year in October we had a Hooptylau in the Central Valley but I am not a coordinator so I don't know if/when it is happening this year.

Be sure to post when you are visiting the SF Bay Area so we can all come out and meet you and perhaps do a mini crawl in your honor! I'm sure folks in the So Cal area will do the same~

Thanks for all of your help, and thanks to Dangergirl299 for the kind offer, will let you knowfinal dates soon, and then we can meet up. We always try to meet up with quite a few at Tiki Ti's on a Wednesday night, so hopefully do that too.
And will try and be out for the Crazy Al's 10th anniversary thing at La Luz de Jesus, sounds great.
Thanks.

Hi
We are now booked for our trip, we are arriving on October 5th and leaving on October 28th, we are starting our trip in LA and Bakersfield for the Hotrod Reunion, then San Diego for a few days, then back to LA, then upto San Fransisco and then onto Lake Tahoe and then eventually back to LA! Alot of driving around but got to see it all, as usual! Is anyone up for meeting at Tiki Ti's and also the tiki bars in San Fransisco? And anything else that anyone can tell us about, please let us know.
Thanks.
Sue and Dave.

On 2006-09-27 12:47, TIKIWAGON wrote:
... anything else that anyone can tell us about, please let us know.
Thanks.

Try to not miss The Bahooka restaurant when in Los Angeles:

http://www.geocities.com/bahookarestaurant/

As you may know from other threads, Wednesdays is TC night at Forbidden Island. Will you be in the Bay Area during one of your Wednesdays?

If you have time while you are in the San Francisco Bay area... the California Wine region (Sonoma and Napa) are within a 2 hour drive from San Francisco. Harvest was a little late this year, so you would be here in time to see some of it. The countryside is beautiful this time of year, as many of the trees are starting to show signs of autumn, and there are lots of wineries to check out.

But, please make sure we know if you will be available for the TC weekly gathering at Forbidden Island on Wednesday night. There are lots of Rum Drinks to try at FI!!

• Myke

Hi
Thanks for all of your help, we are coming to the Bay area on our busy schedule, but I think it will only be on Tuesday 17th October for one night, as we have plans to get upto Lake Tahoe for a few days and then loads of sightseeing around that area, so I don't know if any of you will be at the Tonga Rooms on the Tuesday, as it would be really great to meet up with a few of you and say HI! So if you could let us know, as we are going to try and do Trader Vics at Emeryville earlier in the evening or lunchtime and then Tonga Rooms at night, what do you say?

Thanks.
Sue and Dave.

Sounds fun! I've got 17th PM free after about 7:30 or 8.
If you're just going to a few places, I would recommend Emeryville Trader Vic, Alameda Forbidden island, and San Francisco Tonga Room.

Let me know where you will be between 8 and 8:30 and I can meet you folks there~

I've tentatively set a schedule for bay area TC'ers to drop by:

Trader Vic's Emeryville 4-6; Forbidden Island, Alameda 6-8; Tonga Room, San Francisco 8-whenever?

Pages: 1 13 replies