Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

leiniekugles?

Pages: 1 4 replies

hey everyone.

has anyone had any experiance with leiniekugles beer? i've tried to find it all over the island, but to no avail. anyone know where to get it on oahu? i heard of this killer beer margarita made with leinie's berry weiss and want to try it out. thanks all

-madtownrob

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Aug 2, 2006 6:58 AM

Leine is the PBR of Minnesota. It's like $4 a six-pack there. And then they ship it elsewhere and it sells for $7 a six-pack. Weird.

BM

I thought that it was the MEISTERBRAU of the Midwest...I think they tried to spring it on us in and OSCO ended up with 12 packs for $6

Leinenkugel is brewed in Chippewa Falls, WI...about 2 miles from my office. As a matter of fact, a couple of my students went there over lunch today to take the brewery tour. They make a bunch of different beers, most of which are very good, and nothing like PBR. I recommend the Sunset Wheat and the Big Butt Bock. However, I do not recommend Leinie's Original (except as a cure for constipation).

oh yeah, i know all 'bout leinie's... practically grew up on it. i'm originally from madison, wi. hunting family so leinie's is about as common at camp as camoflague. what i was asking about is if anyone knows if there is a place to get it in oahu, hawaii. i moved down here and am having a leinie's withdrawl that needs fixing. well if anyone knows how to get some down here, i'd love some help. thanks all!

oh yeah, and if you ever have a opprotunity, i'd suggest a 50/50 mix of leinie's berry weiss and honey weiss. perfect taste of the berry's (not too sweet) and the hint of honey the honey weiss brings makes this a perfect mix. later

Pages: 1 4 replies