Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

SHAG at San Diego ComicCon

Pages: 1 4 replies

BM

did anyone but me meet Shag at the ComicCon? his 'conference' was really great...got to know a lot about the formation & creative processes involved in his mind, as well as stuff about JUXTAPOZ that was way funny..too bad when I met him, I had NOTHING of his to sign AND I was so brain fried from standing in that @&*# line for THREE HOURS I could barely verbalize..after living in UT for 13 years I can speak MORMON & MISSIONARY like a champ but failed to bring any of that up when faced with him. At least I gave him a copy of my TIKI BRUDDAHS comic strip...for what purpose I may never know. Does any other TCer have a story for the Con?

G
GROG posted on Wed, Aug 2, 2006 9:05 AM

GROG was there on Saturday, but SHAG's booth was empty
except for a banner.

P

I saw SHAG on weds nite and I got him to do a sketch for me. I always carry my sketch book with me I am such a comic girl nerd.

B

Saw the "lowbrow" panel on Thursday - SHAG was a part of it but Gary Baseman stole the show. There was some vague hinting as to a negative perception of "cocktail art" by the Juxtaoz sector. Was fun. Seems he was around all weekend - in various places.

Unfortunately I missed the panel, but I was able to meet SHAG briefly at one of the signings at his booth. The line was really long and I didn't come up with anything particulary witty to say so it was a quick meeting, but still nice to have a chance to meet him and say thanks for all the fun art (and it was at least a bit longer than my Mick Foley encounter!) I wasn't able to get down there until later in the day on Thursday, so I had a friend who was there early pick up a set of the special prints for me, which I really love.

Pages: 1 4 replies