Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

A Surprise Charge From Tiki Farm (long story)

Pages: 1 9 replies

My long (updated) story: Every morning I check my credit card transactions on line to ensure that there is never an incorrect or unathorized charge. Today I found a charge from Tiki Farm for $163.95. Since I hadn't ordered anything from them, and since they had in the past charged my credit card for someone else's order, I was expecting the same.

Being on the East coast I had to wait 4 hours until Tiki Farm opened to find out what was up. What occurred was that Tiki Farm decided to send me a Shag Decanter set based on my past dealings with them even though I hadn't asked to be on a waiting list for the item. So while I was unhappily surprised by the unauthorized credit card charge, I was happy to get a decanter set. So all is well that ends well. :)

Did anyone else get a decanter set that didn't order one?

[ Edited by: Suburban Hipster on 2002-12-20 10:13 ]

T

That is strange. First, I thought that Tiki Farm was only selling the decanter sets to retailers and second, that they didn't even contact you to see if you were interested. I also have placed many orders with them and even inquired about the decanters (talked with Preston) only a few weeks ago, so they know that I was looking. Anyhow, you got a GREAT deal. I also received my set this week (through a Tiki Farm retailer) paying "suggested retail" for it. After seeing the prices they have been going for on eBay recently, I am extremely happy.

T

I understand the happy ending Hipster, but that's the kind of thing that scares me I mean, I think I spend enough money for my tiki-fix I don't need, of all people Tiki Farm spending my money for me!

Speaking of which, hey Tikirob can you get me a set retail? I'd pay you for your troubles. :D

Preston should have called you - our top few online customers get a set at retail if we've got one or 2 left over. If you got a set, it was "supposed to have meant" that you gave Preston the aok. We're pretty swamped with our Shag list - I'm sure it got overlooked.

Best,
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2002-12-23 00:38 ]

I got my much-anticipated package from UPS shortly after Christmas, but . . . the box was wide open and unsealed. I just knew that some UPS employee had swiped my Moatu. :( So I had my regular UPS driver stand by while I fished through the box to see if there was anything still in it besides packing peanuts. Rooting around in the oversized box my trembling fingers brushed against something large hidden therein. Though fearing it was just an empty box, I gingerly pulled the item free. Tiki Spirits be praised the Moatu emgered smiling and perfectly intact. :) I gave my UPS driver a big year-end tip, and we stood there silently admiring the Moatu for an unbroken minute.

Holden and Preston, however I got myself on the Tiki Farm list preferred customer list, thenk you. It was a great bargain and a wonderful Christmas surprise. :)

T

Hey Hipster if I were you I'd go play the lottery!

Talk about Mana, you somehow get a Moatu without even trying and then on top of that pay retail for it! Then, you get on the Farm's preferred list without even trying to. But even worse the box gets delivered OPEN and yet everything is alright. That Moatu was destined to be yours!!! Congrats!

On 2003-01-07 16:43, tikimug wrote:
Hey Hipster if I were you I'd go play the lottery!

Congrats!

Thanks, but my luck doesn't seem to extend to betting. I was in Vegas for New Year's and left a bit light in the wallet.

Tiki fortune is enough though, and as I write this I'm eagerly awaiting confirmation of a purchase that dwarfs this one in significance to me. I won't jinx it by saying more now though, but I'm very excited. :)

My luck has held up! I scored the last set of Mark Ryden's Exotica and Pele giclees that Bosko had for sale! :D The only minor downside is I'm going to have to eat nothing but ramen noodles for the next few years.

T

Jeez Chris,
Quite a tikified few weeks for you. Awesome score on all account. I just got one of Bosko's Sepik Vases myself. Setting my sites on some of his shields next. Purely for inspiration when I help Carroll with his home bar this spring.

J

Chris, now that you have the 2 Ryden prints, it narrows the field for those in the running for the Pele hidden in the corner at the Politiki! Gentlemen start your screwdrivers!! :) J/K

:drink:

Just Cool!!
JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Lanai in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2003-01-08 17:44 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies