Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

You would have loved him....

Pages: 1 10 replies

8T

......if you had ever met him. This is my Father who passed away unexpectedly on July 13. We had just celebrated his 77th birthday as well as my folks 49th wedding anniversary only days before his death. We had spent a lot of time together recently landscaping his yard and I will always be grateful for that. But sadly I must complete the project by myself now. I miss him SOOOO much. This photo was taken a few years ago when he took Mom to Hawaii. He had first been there as a young Navy sailor 50 years before. Thanks for letting me share his memory.

I LOVE YOU DAD

H

I'm so sorry, 8ft. He looks like a happy guy. That's great that you all got to gather to celebrate with him before he passed, and the little bit you wrote paints the picture of a guy who had a great, full life. Thank you for sharing him with us, and my sincerest condolences for your loss.

S

He looks like a great dad!!!
Sorry to hear about your loss.
He's at that tiki bar in the
sky having the best mai tai ever made!!!
PEa

CL

8ft Tiki,

I'm so sorry for your loss. He seems like great guy. He looks so happy in the picture. It's wonderful that he got to bring your mom to Hawaii and celebrate 49 years with her. My sincere condolences.

i'm so sorry to read of your loss. i'm glad you got to spend alot of time with him recently. when my mom passed last year, i spent her last 6 weeks in san diego with her and we talked more in that time than we had in the last 30 years combined. it meant so much to me. bullet

P
pablus posted on Thu, Aug 3, 2006 1:12 PM

Awesome smile.
And he looks about 8 ft. tall.

Glad you've got a lot of memories where he can stay with you for life.

M

DAD's Rule !!!!

Celebrate his life as best as you can.

Dads are full of wisdom. Always remeber the best. Not the worst!

Sorry for your loss.

Dad's Rock!!!!

A toast to 8ft DadTiki's Memory!

Our Love and Sympathy to 8ft MomTiki!

Our Love and Sympathies to you.

Cherish the memories as much as you loved the man.

H
hewey posted on Sat, Aug 5, 2006 6:15 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss man. You obviously have a great deal of respect and love for your father.

Remember the good times and celebrate his life.

Man, 8 Ft.,

That was beautiful. Sad, of course, but the love and the pain you feel from the loss were very apparent in your post. It's kind of obvious that, though you've suddenly lost a great deal, you gained so much from him while he was here that, once the sad fades, the happy will still be as strong as ever. And that was one Happy pic!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care, friend.

Pages: 1 10 replies