Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

My day at the County Fair

Pages: 1 0 replies

Back in Jan. I went with my nephew to a cattle show. You heard me, cattle show. You ever see the "Best in Show" dog events? Picture that with cows. People washing, blowdrying, moussing and hairspraying their cows and strutting them around in an arena. I have to admit I totally got into it. Back in Jan. his cow was just under a year old and under 700 lbs. He's a black angus steer and cute as hell. They shaved his face and it was so soft and shiny, he felt just like velvet. I wish I had pictures of the guys grooming the cattle to show... My nephew's steer placed 4th in his class. But it was just so funny to see these big burly cowboys meticulously primping and styling these cows for a beauty pageant...

Well now he's over 1300 lbs and at the County Fair! I got there too late to get photos of the primping, but I did get some picts...

Geez! Can't I eat in peace?

Cue Music: "The way-hay-ting is the hardest part..."

Grandma wants her picture taken with Shaggy the cow.
"Gosh! It's so embarrasing!" Mike says and looks away... Shaggy agrees.

Finally! Time to enter the show ring.

Showing off his ass-ets... he wins 3rd place!

We wander to the exhibits.

Mom gets the gold for her homemade Zinfandel wine.

In the wedding cake competition, someone gets first place by entering their "Alien" themed design..

My favorite exhibit is a preschool who made potato people!

Zucchini robot!

Hipster Potato

Crazy Hat potato

So anyway, that's what I did today. Anybody else have fair photos they want to share?

Pages: 1 0 replies