Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help identify this mug

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

I was going through some picture files on my computer, and came across this mug. I can't for the life of me remember where I got it or what mug it is. Does anyone have any info on it or own one? Mahalo!

[ Edited by: tikigreg 2006-08-05 13:10 ]

It's from a company called Island Systems & Design. Tiki Farm designs a new mug for them each year. I believe that one was from 2003.

Here's one I picked up at Oasis this year.

This is a decanter that came out this year, I think.

P
pdrake posted on Fri, Aug 4, 2006 1:45 PM

wesbit:

http://www.islandsys.net/

cool soundtrack there. i wonder if they sell the mugs at their showroom. they have one in vegas.

Aloha everyone, Island Systems & Design is actually a family business and I'm one of the family members.

Every year Holden and I work on a new mug. There have been 3 so far (actually 2 mugs and 1 decanter) and this year it's going to be a really cool bowl in the shape of a ship. I'm not sure about the first year, but every other year the mugs were designed by Squid. The tiki in the mugs is from our company logo, and it's also featured on the front of our building as a 12.5 foot tall sculpture thanks to Wayne Coombs.

We give a mug to each of our employees (there's about 50 of them) and our best customers as Holiday gifts. We'll also send them out to potential clients.

In case you're curious, here's some info on the business. We're an audio/video sytsems integrator, meaning we install audio and video gear in residential and commercial markets around the country. Our HQ is in Rockledge, Fl (close to Cocoa Beach) but we recently started an office in Vegas. They aren't really showrooms since all of our work is custom in nature.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm happy to answer them!

Jimi

Pages: 1 3 replies