Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

The Granite Tiki Lounge, Nashua, NH (home-bar)

Pages: 1 16 replies

Name:The Granite Tiki Lounge
Type:home-bar
Street:
City:Nashua
State:NH
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
The Granite Tiki Lounge is my home-bar named after my home State of New Hampshire. It is also my living room, my dining room, and my backyard. 2 bars (indoor and out)lots of Tiki artifacts including some coco joe's, a mug collection, an Exotica and Hawaiian music collection on vinyl, several ukuleles and an Oahu Lap Steel with matching amp, and lots of Bamboo furniture. My wife Kate and I frequently take out the Grog Log and treat ourselves and our friends to Tiki Cocktails.
The link below is basically a visual tour that starts the minute you open our front door.
My budget was pretty low, but I'm very happy with the results we got. The only major addition I plan will be bamboo matting a third of the way up the walls in the main lounge area.

I hope you enjoy your visit to the Granite Tiki Lounge!

http://www.carlayotte.accountsupport.com/TheGraniteTikiLounge.htm

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-10-04 23:38 ]

I paid a visit to the Granite Tiki Lounge recently and found the hosts very gracious. The decor is classic with the best of the modern era.

I give it my thumbs up. :)

..sbim

Thanks sbim! You're always welcome in the Granite Tiki Lounge!

F
Fugu posted on Fri, Sep 15, 2006 8:37 PM

I love the suffering bastard shot glass checkerboard!

very nice job creating your own paradise, both inside and out. How cool is that! Getting married in your tiki lounge! Great idea.

Thanks!

We're trying to get a few last evenings in the outdoor bar before fall falls on us hard!

We've added a large outdoor patio set for dining as well.

Hopefully I'll get to take some tasteful nighttime by torchlight pics before we close shop for the Winter.

That bar cart is ZAZZ!!! :drink:

Thanks Sweet Daddy Tiki, that's one of the newest additions to the bar. Earlier this Summer we went to the Brimfield (MA) antique fair looking for bar stools (that we still haven't found) and my wife saw the top of that cart and thought it was a stool. Imagine how pleasantly surprised we were to see the rest of it! It was very affordable too! It was labeled "tea cart" hee hee heeee.

[ Edited by: The Granite Tiki 2006-09-18 17:51 ]

Some updated pictures from the Granite Tiki Lounge (outdoor)

S

Fab place ! Envious !

My wife , daughter and I lived in Keene , NH for a few months back in 1995 , and we were in Nashua one day . We had sushi in a place that was run by some Chinese folks . Having lived in Japan , I knew as soon as I saw them ( and of course heard them speak ) that they were not Japanese . And the hotess came out dressed in an obviously Chinese kimono . Still , the sushi wasn't too bad if memory serves . Of course most of the other customers were happily unaware that Japanese chefs were not preparing their sushi . All Asians look the same to some folks . Hehe...

"All Asians look the same to some folks"

Nah, for us it's Canadians, I've been in the same room with one and not known it!

B

They're tricky that way, those Canadians. Crafty. Wiley. With their damn similar coins.

I like the new, improved digs, Granite. Wish I could come visit but I'm headed to Coon-Tiki this weekend.

S

Aloha, I just had to comment on your great looking tiki abode. Tiki in Nashua who would have thought. I was born there, and haven't been back since 1965. Still have relatives there that I haven't seen in decades, hey, were probably cousins. Cheers

Oh Man! 1965??

You wouldn't recognize Nashua!

Thanks for the kind words.

S

Is Concord street still there, I remember living across the street from a park with a big statue. I'll bet were cousins.

Oh sure, that's all still there! See you at the family reunion! :wink:

Pages: 1 16 replies