Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Anyone know when these were made?

Pages: 1 8 replies

O

Hello all,
I just got these at a yard sale and not sure when they were made, etc. Anyone know about either of them?

On 2006-08-06 22:17, Ojaitimo wrote:

Hello all,
I just got these at a yard sale and not sure when they were made, etc. Anyone know about either of them?

Ojaitimo,
With all due respect.........What the hell is this?
This is a Tiki website.

O

Well the lamp seems Tiki to me, maybe I'm wrong but after WW2 they used lamps like that in polynesian decor. The other object is not Tiki I realize that and I'm sorry. I didn't have a seperate shot of the lamp.

...i would return them.

C
Chub posted on Mon, Aug 7, 2006 11:12 AM

Is that picture showing the back of the lamp? Maybe it'd be better if you put a light bulb in it and took a picture of it turned around? But then again, maybe not...

Looks like a chick on a sphinx.

I've never seen either one.
The one piece looks like some weird Egypt exotica sculpture. I never found the Sphinx to be very sexy, with or without a nude girl laying on the back of one, but that's just me..........
and the other piece might be cool if it was surrounded by Tiki's, used in the right context.
Yeah, I would try to return them too.

[ Edited by: Tikinomad 2006-08-07 12:55 ]

O

Good news, I traded the "Chick on a sphinx" for this real or not fish. Not sure.

Decided to keep the lamp in spite of all your good advice but hey, that's me.

Good hunting

Ojaitimo

The lamp looks like a 50's TV Lamp ....lots of resources on the web. They were used on top a TV's to help eye strain. There are TONS of different types out there.

Pages: 1 8 replies