Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

HOOPTYLAU 2006 is happening on september 16th-17th

Pages: 1 22 replies

:drink: go to hooptylau 2006 to sign up for this crazy shin-dig!

it is that time of year once again folks!

that's right...it's hooptylau time. for those unfamiliar with the nature of hooptylau, one can view the past antics with these links: hoopty 2004 and hoopty 2005

:up:details on how to get a seat on the van will soon follow. what i can tease you with is that this year's route will include a couple of very special places in stockton, as well as our home bar in ripon and tiki places in modesto. THEN, on sunday, hooptylau participants are invited to a spectacular decompression POOL party day at jungle trader's outpost.

:up: a new drink insipired by this hooptylau 2005 event will also be unveiled!

:up: annnd, we will have a new "buddy" system so nobody will be left behind!

stay tuned for more info to come....

got tiki?

[ Edited by: tikicleen 2006-08-21 11:12 ]

HOOPTYLAU!!!!!!!

i wanna come! looking forward to hearing the details.

you guys are AWESOME for putting this on again!

Unfortunately, I will be hanging out in So Cal for work that weekend - but I can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories!!

TW

oooooh! Count me in!

H

Aw man, you're killing me! That's the weekend of Tiki Art Now in Seattle. If our plans fall through and we can't make it to Seattle, at least we'll still have a bang-up weekend in store!

mmmm, did somebody say blue pancakes and Bloody Mary's with celery sticks on Sunday?

I hope some of my Lo Cal braddahs and sistahs can make it up.

M

"I want to party with you, cowboy!"

J. midnite Winger

ps Any decent club sandwiches 'round thar?

Stockton?, Modesto? Ripon?....that's a stones throw from me.......do tell....we need details!!!!!

H

Looks like odds of our being able to make it just went up -- turns out the Schmama Lama has to be in the Bay Area for work that week, so she'll probably join us!

BL

YAY! HOOPTYLAU!!! SO EXCITED!!! CALENDAR MARKED!!!

--Rebecca

I'm interested and would like to subscribe to your newsletter!

I've been looking for an excuse to check out the joints up in Modesto. This might be it!

Will this years event be mullet freindly?

A

Booked
Mahalo,
Al

On 2006-08-10 10:49, Al-ii wrote:
Booked
Mahalo,
Al

how do you book?

aloha all!

we are still fine tuning the details of the event, but are planning on posting an explicit "what-to-expect" guide very very soon. we are trying to get a general head count to we know how many vans to book, and that will determine the price. i can guarantee that this year's hooptylau will definitely be one-of-a-kind, and a must for die-hard polynesian pop culture fans.

and to answer a few questions... club sandwiches are not abundant round these parts, you are more likely to find a lot of fried chicken. yet all is not lost, the barnwood (yeee haw!) restaurant has a decent one to offer, and it is within walking distance from our homestead.
mullets are definitely encouraged for this hooptylau, sailor shirts not so much. booking info is coming soon, i promise! :)

HOOPTYLAU!!!!!!!HOOPTYLAU!!!!!!!HOOPTYLAU!!!!!!!

M

don't forget the official Hooptylau Locking Gascap!

PS-stay at the Chalet!!!!! (kidding)

HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI PTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI !!!!!

HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI PTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI !!!!! HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI PTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI !!!!! HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI PTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI !!!!! HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI PTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI HOOPTIHOOPTI !!!!!

HOOPTY-DO!!!!!!!!!!!

hoopty hoopty hoopty hooptylau!!hoopty hoopty hoopty hooptylau!!hoopty hoopty hoopty hooptylau!!hoopty hoopty hoopty hooptylau!!hoopty hoopty hoopty hooptylau!!hoopty hoopty hoopty hooptylau!!

M

Have fun! Wish we could be in Modesto, because nothing spells fun like Hoopty. We had the pleasure tonight of sharing some good times with a couple of Hoopty...uh..lau-ers(?) tonight at Alameda's bestest tropical getaway. A fine time indeed, and completely unexpected. In fact, a shared mystery bowl in a special vessel was a super duper Alice Cooper treat. Oh, Hana!

I have more to add, but it's late and Clay Aiken is on Leno. I'm having a moment, Pepto like.

Air Supply rules,
midnite

Pages: 1 22 replies