Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Lemon Hart & St. James Hors d'Age in San Fran./San Jose?

Pages: 1 12 replies

J
Jawa posted on Tue, Aug 8, 2006 8:06 AM

I thought Bevmo had these in stock, but the website does not list them.

Any locals know where Lemon Hart and St. James Hors d'Age can be found at a good price?

Thanks for you help!!! :drink:

-Jason

T

Ledgers on University in Berkeley is where I get mine. Maybe not as low a price as can be found, but they do have both.

G

I'm confused. You list yourself as being from Tampa. Why are you asking about buying in SF?

J
Jawa posted on Tue, Aug 8, 2006 6:34 PM

Because I will be there for 11 days starting tomorrow, so I wanted to stock up on some items that are either not available here, or hard to find here. Lemon Hart is just not available here for some reason, and I have never seen he Hors d'Age anywhere around Tampa either...

-j

H

I go to a place called Beltramo's in Menlo Park (up by the SF Airport), they have a decent selection:

http://beltramos.com/

For good San Jose stores, I'd actually try calling Martini Monkey; the bartender there, Jay, probably knows where to find a good selection in the area. Better yet, visit Martini Monkey & ask!

Which airport are you flying into? If you're flying into SFO, be sure to visit the Poly Pop exhibit, it's on the departures level of the International Terminal (open to the public, not behind security), it's pretty easy to get to. If you're flying into San Jose, well, be sure to pop into Martini Monkey, it's in Terminal C, also before security. Worth the short trip over there if your flight comes into Terminal A -- San Jose is a speck of an airport.

p.s. -- if at all possible, be sure to come to Forbidden Island tomorrow night -- Wednesday is our regular night there, you'll be sure to see some friendly faces!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2006-08-08 18:42 ]

J
Jawa posted on Tue, Aug 8, 2006 7:33 PM

Hi Humu!
I wish i could get over there tomorrow, but our flight arrives fairly late, so hopefully next Wednesday. We are flying into SF, so i will have to check out the exhibit, and i will definitely make a trip to Martini monkey. Thanks for the tips!!!

• Jason

[ Edited by: jawa 2006-08-09 06:46 ]

G

On 2006-08-08 18:34, Jawa wrote:
Because I will be there for 11 days starting tomorrow, so I wanted to stock up on some items that are either not available here, or hard to find here. Lemon Hart is just not available here for some reason, and I have never seen he Hors d'Age anywhere around Tampa either...

-j

Ah, I see. Well, if you ever drive over to Orlando, you can get Hors D'Age here. Haven't found Lemon Hart here yet, though a local liquor store owner is trying his best for me. I just order it online.

J
Jawa posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 8:05 AM

Yeah, thats what Kono says he does, but Hi-time doesn't seem to want to ship now because of the season...HOT, lol.

G

On 2006-08-09 08:05, Jawa wrote:
Yeah, thats what Kono says he does, but Hi-time doesn't seem to want to ship now because of the season...HOT, lol.

These guys will ship it to you. Web site is terrible. Just call them during regular CA business hours. They're very reputable. Hors D'Age is currently $21.59.

On 2006-08-09 17:55, GatorRob wrote:

On 2006-08-09 08:05, Jawa wrote:

These guys will ship it to you. Web site is terrible. Just call them during regular CA business hours. They're very reputable. Hors D'Age is currently $21.59.

Ok, so how do these folks get away with it? I know that there are all sorts of legal considerations for shipping liquor, and yet I can't find anything specific on their site, and no mention of where they can and cannot ship to. Their prices are great on many rums, and it would be nice to make an order, but as far as I know, living in AZ we can't have spirits (or wine for that matter) shipped to us from an out of state distributor.

Chris

T
G

On 2006-08-10 10:08, Kona Chris wrote:
Ok, so how do these folks get away with it? I know that there are all sorts of legal considerations for shipping liquor, and yet I can't find anything specific on their site, and no mention of where they can and cannot ship to. Their prices are great on many rums, and it would be nice to make an order, but as far as I know, living in AZ we can't have spirits (or wine for that matter) shipped to us from an out of state distributor.

I honestly don't know. The legal considerations of shipping spirits to various states is not something I'm privy to. Perhaps someone else can answer that. But what could it hurt? Call them up and place an order if you can't find what you're looking for locally. I prefer to shop locally if I can to support local businesses, but if they don't carry it, there's no other option.

As an update, a friend just purchased 2 bottles of Lemon Hart Demerara rum from Ledgers Liquors in Berkeley (510-540-9243) for $19.75 per bottle. They still carry it thought I can't find it anywhere up here in North Bay.

I also plan to bring a few bottles back from the Hawaii Liquor SuperStore in Kahalui next month while we are on Maui. They quoted a price of $15.00 each.

Cheers and Aloha!
Myke

Pages: 1 12 replies