Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Diablo + Bosko at Long Beach Tiki Fest

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Aloha all, if I’ve blown it by posting this here my apologies, I know Crazy Al already refers to the Long Beach Tiki fest, but that thread seems to be focused on his appearance there.
If anyone in the area is not making the trek out to Catalina and since this is only a couple of weekends away, I decided to bring it up, seeing us is free, I’ll be vending with Tiki Diablo, he’ll be doing a carving demo and it won’t take much too encouragement to watch me stammering up there.
We have a lot of new one off carving designs I’ve been creating, if you see anything you like, there will (most likely) only ever be that one piece.
I would also ask if any Tiki Central members come by please introduce your-selves to me, vending can be a lonely, arduous and thankless task, so come say hi.
I know several other Tiki Central members will be there attending and vending so, let’s get the ball rolling here.

http://www.alfredosbeachclub.com/tiki_festival.htm

Bosko

Bosko at the Tiki Beach Fest! Yes, aren't we lucky the carving legend BOSKO will be there. This event is a total blast right on the beach. For all that have been, it is such a great event and soo relaxing. If you haven't been , then you are in for a treat. We will have Tiki tony Adrift,and C'AL celebrating 10 years of art! Ther are gong to be many other great vendors ther as well.

There are two events going on the same weekend with enough tiki entertainment to go around for all , so stop by our booth at the Tiki Beach Festival and hang out .

MN

Ooo I wanna go. So many things on that Saturday.

I think I can do it!? Hit the Fest around noon. Be back that night for the bike race in PB at 7pm. Then ride the Midnight Mandness in downtown San Diego at, duh, midnight.

I will have my battery opperated tiki lights hanging from the bicycle towing a trailer of suds if anyone wants one.:)
Maybe I'll premake some mai tais too?

C
Cammo posted on Wed, Aug 9, 2006 12:04 PM

The Long Beach Tiki Fest is a sweet on-the-beach event. I vended there a few years ago and met Tiki Tony, Ray, King Kuku and a lot of TCers for the first time. It was wayout fun, and highly recommended for non Catalina attendees.

Hey Bosko & Diablo - try to get there early and get the sites out at the end of the cement causeway, right on the sand. It's a blast. And watch the wind that whips up around 4:00, it knocked over most of the booths, including Adrift's, which looked like a hurricane had really hit 'em.

See ya there, kids.

I'll be stopping by. Looking forward to it!

it,ll be realy kool, yup its realy relaxing place to hang out sip drinks and chill . see everyone next week

MG

FALLING COCOS will be setting up Friday afternoon....

I may be campin out in da van again. If you see it rockin don't come a nockin!...... I doubt it.

TM

Cool seeing you guys. Here's some pics:

Fun day at the Tiki Fest. It was good to see Danny again and meet Bosko for the first time. I picked up a couple of really cool carvings from Bosko. Just a matter of time before I get myself one of his big ones.
Danny has some of the best quality tiki mugs out there. Real art, not just a mug. The shrunken head mug is amazing! Thanks for hooking me up with the super cool shrunken head pendant, it's hanging from my guitar amp in place of the ITD pendant that was there before. My amp fell over recently and crushed the ITD. Let's hope the shrunken head fares a little better. Thanks again, Danny.

Some other cool booths- Al's retrospective was pretty rad, being able to see a bunch of his supe intricate work displayed together. Tiki Tony had some really good stuff too. His carved necklaces have always been my favorite.

Also, my buddy, James, had his restaurant, Nalu's, catering the event. If you tasted it, you know how good the food is. If you're ever in the Irvine area, check out Nalu's for the best Hawaiian plate lunch on the mainland. The place smokes L&L, that is no lie.

Of course as in every Long Beach Tiki Fest, there were some real bizarre booths too. I'm not sure what the 'church' of Scientology has to do with tiki....

Here's a couple more for you guys.....great seeing you both along with the other great artists who attended!

Pages: 1 9 replies