Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Lucky Tiki Art Show! Date change! See latest post!

Pages: 1 10 replies

That's right kids,

WE'RE BACK!!!!

Come show your love for The Lucky Tiki as we celebrate our 2 YEAR ANNIVERSARY with a FABULOUS TIKI ART SHOW hosted by yours truly, BARTENDER SUZY and DJ LEE!!!!

It's gonna be just like old times, only BETTER!

We hope to see MANY of your wonderful faces there!

There will be a STAR STUDDED array of TIKI ART, POLYNESIAN POP and BEYOND!
Exotic ONE NIGHT ONLY DRINK SPECIALS!
The INTOXICATING SOUNDS of DJ LEE!
BBQ and TIKI TREATS!

ALL HAPPENING (on a SUNDAY to be announced!!!) MARK YOU CALENDERS AND SOUND THE DRUMS!!!

MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW-CHECK BACK OFTEN!

If you are interested in showing art, or otherwise helping out, please contact me here and I will get right back to you!

MAHALO!

-Suzy (Atomikitty)

[ Edited by: atomikitty 2006-08-19 03:32 ]

Wow! My head is spinning! I'd love to be a part of course!

And Here John Paul and kirby and I were lamenting that Sunday nights at The Lucky Tiki were a thing of the past.

Good News Suzy, I'll defintely try to be there.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

K
kirby posted on Sun, Aug 13, 2006 6:39 PM

awsome... Im there for sure....

DOH!!!

DATE CHANGE FOR THE LUCKY TIKI ART SHOW!!!! PLEASE MAKE NOTE and TELL A FRIEND!!!

Hope you 'marked your calendar' in pencil. . .heh,heh. . .

The LUCKY TIKI art show WILL NOT be taking place on Sunday, Aug. 27th.
Unfortunately, this is the same weekend as the hugely hip and popular Sunset Junction festival. Among others, Hank Williams III and THE CRAMPS are scheduled to play Sunday night. THE NERVE!!! Really though, I can't ask my friends to choose. . .

So! DJ Lee and I are working out the details.

EXCITING NEW LUCKY TIKI ART SHOW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!!!!

A big MAHALO to everyone on TC for their enthusiasm and support! This two year anniversary art show will be celebrating you, as much as the bar, so please stay tuned for updates.

In the meantime, there is NO SHORTAGE of Tiki events to attend! Let's take a moment to count our lucky swizzle sticks that So Cal has such an active tiki scene!
Here is Bartender Suzy's shortlist:
GROG HAVE LUAU!- Sat. Sept. 9th (Check out the thread-featuring DRINKS by SUZY!)
TIKI'S AND TERRORS II- Sat. Sept. 16th (Check the thread-featuring ART by SUZY!)

IT"S ALL TRUE!

MAHALO!

SUZY

Any updates?????

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Can I submit something for the show?

Aloha friends. . .

Lucky Tiki Art Show update . . . I am looking at a Sunday in Oct. Maybe the 8th since some folks might have the 9th off. (Does anyone get Columbus day off anymore?)

I am currently coordinating with the bar and DJ Lee.

Thanks for your interest and support Bigtikidude and tiki shark! I will keep you guys posted as things get organized!

Mahalo!

-Atomikitty AKA Bartender Suzy

G
GROG posted on Thu, Sep 14, 2006 12:40 AM

AKA The Drink Goddess

I'm thinking that would be a pretty good date, as it's not too close to Halloween, and it's the Day before my B-day. sweet.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hello friends,

Here is the Lucky Tiki update for you:

As some of you may have heard, this will be the LAST WEEKEND for the LUCKY TIKI (at it's current location.) : (

Lee and I just found out this week, so as you can imagine, plans for the next Lucky Tiki Art Show are on hold until further notice.

For more info, please see the 'Last weekend of the Lucky Tiki' thread currently under California Events.

A BIG MAHALO to all the artists and tiki fans for your support! I will keep all your information, and keep you updated. We WILL have another ART SHOW!!! I PROMISE YOU!!!

This Saturday, Sept. 23rd is the LAST NIGHT! So let's get out there and show our love and good wishes for the Lucky Tiki as she embarks on a new journey!

I will be there tonight, THURSDAY if anyone would like to join me!

Pages: 1 10 replies