Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

My night with the Haole Kats!! at the Foundation

Pages: 1 1 replies

On Tuesday afternoon the Kats stopped over at my place for a bite to eat and drinks in the Leeward Lounge before their show at the Foundation in Milwaukee. Needless to say, the show was terrific! Josh was simply on fire, TJ has the perfect voice and seems to get more and more crazy every time I see him, and it was so great to see Joe play a drum solo! They are three of the finest musicians and three of the most sincerely nice people you will ever meet. I felt a bit bad that the crowd didn't enjoy the Hawaiian stuff more, but they really dug the swing and surf music.

Lakesurfer was on hand also. For those of you who haven't seen his work lately, I can tell you that it is incredible, top-notch stuff! I know he's vending at Hukilau, so make sure you see him because you will be impressed!

Here's a few pics of the band:

And my personal favorite...

The Foundation boasts that they have Milwaukee's best Mai Tai. Since my bar is actually in West Allis, I'd have to say they are right. :wink: Yummy stuff!

I can't wait to see you guys again in October. Aloha!

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2006-08-12 09:21 ]

HK

Fred - Thanks so much for having us over. The brats, company and your Leeward Lounge were all quite enjoyable. Your boys are a trip and Josephine is about as sweet as she could be.

As for the crowd response to the Hawaiian/Uke stuff, no biggie. Although alot of folks were socializing during that portion of the set, we actually sold a bunch of Hawaiian CD's and got some great feedback. Of course, being in a bar setting, the higher-energy Surf & Swing went over much bigger. Sometimes you have to holler a bit to get folks attention.

All in all, it was a great gig. Got to hang with Lake Surfer a bit and pick up some new Tikis. Don Nelson was waaay cool and he evn had us over to his home bar - very cool.

Looking forward to getting next years trip lined up.

Josh

Pages: 1 1 replies