Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Florida/SpaceCoast/Hukilau

Pages: 1 13 replies

F

Hey all-

Been awhile since I've posted, but I've been thinking a bit about the upcoming Hukilau, and the potential for Tiki Fans to be entering my neck of the woods (The Space Coast- East Coast of Florida, From Cocoa Beach down to Vero Beach)

I'm just wondering how many of you may be driving down through FL and will be in the area- I was thinking of making an online "Tiki Map of the Space Coast" so if you wanted to take a little beach break from the I-95 and cruise the A1A instead for a bit, you could drive by some obscure tiki locales (cool neighborhood tikis, other tiki-ed locations I've found over the years)
.. as well as lounge on some nice long empty beaches :)

I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in this beffore I set out to do it.

I am also considering having an "open tiki house" for TCers who may want to stop by and see the Wall O' Tiki and the Tropical Tiki Gardens on site here at my pad..

The Wall in progress: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6613&forum=5

The Gardens: http://www.tiki-shirts.com/gallery/album43

If anybody was planning on doing a drive like that and would be interested, let me know :)

[ Edited by: fatuhiva 2006-08-13 18:44 ]

P

Aloha braddah,
Gardens look sweet.

I'd be interested in seeing your place.
Kern M. and I were just talking about it last weekend.
Map it up.

Hey, if I brought over some ginger I transplanted from Hawai'i and some Buddha-Belly bamboo could I get a small shock of that black bamboo?

Nice to see you back.
Has Wayne Coombs hunted you down yet? :wink:

I'm vending at Hukilau and then wife and I are staying in Satellite from Sunday - Wednesday... longboard in-tow, hoping for surf again this year.
Found most of the tiki in the area but would be interested in what I've missed!

S

I'd definitely interested in a mapping!

We're still unclear on our schedule on the way down, but whether in your neck of the palm trees or at Hukilau itself it'd be great to meet up and swap space coast Tiki turf tales.

S

I won't have the extra time at Hukilau, but I want to get down your way eventually. Maybe in January next year, so, more stuff to see is always good!

Swank Blather
- Talkin' atcha

[ Edited by: swanky 2006-08-14 07:49 ]

T

On 2006-08-13 18:43, fatuhiva wrote:
I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in this beffore I set out to do it.

I am also considering having an "open tiki house" for TCers who may want to stop by and see the Wall O' Tiki and the Tropical Tiki Gardens on site here at my pad..

I'm interested...

[ Edited by: tikigap 2006-08-25 09:15 ]

T

Thanks for the invite, but this time I'm flying into Tampa Bay, and doing a Tamiami Trail road trip before Hukilau. Bern's Steak House or bust!

I've done the Fort Lauderdale to Daytona route in the past and there was a lot to see. It was a thrill to see Cocoa Beach as I'm a big "I Dream of Jeanie" fan.

P

Jab,
You and i are going to Berns together, right?

T

On 2006-08-14 10:45, pablus wrote:

Jab,
You and i are going to Berns together, right?

Without a doubt! I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll send you a PM w/my plans.

F

OK sounds like there's enough interest then!

I'll start getting addresses together, etc and then make a tour via google maps- I'll have it start in Cocoa Beach and work its way south

Barring any hurricane hell this season, I will have the tikiroom open for TC perusal leading up to the Hukilau

Lake Surfer- I live in Melbourne Beach, and we get some nice surf here when there's swell.

I just watched CJ Hobgood surfing today up in Satellite- we had a nice chest high swell today and into tommorow.. happened to notice him cross the street, so me and my 3 year old decided to eat our Happy Meals on the beach and watch the action :)

If you want any surfing company, or wanna check out any beaches down south a bit, say maybe Sebastian Inlet, thats my area- hit me up!

If you want any surfing company, or wanna check out any beaches down south a bit, say maybe Sebastian Inlet, thats my area- hit me up!

Thanks for putting the map together... haven't surfed The Inlet in about 7 years... my shortboarding days... be fun to check out again if a good swell is running. :)

Hey Brian good to see you around these parts again. Actually I don't make it here much anymore either. We need to get together again someday. Went to Cocoa Beach this weekend for the first time since I moved back to Central Florida. "Redneck Riviera"

Hope all is well.
Scott

F

Hey Scott!

Yeah I'd love to get together- any time you're in town, gimme a ring!

I'll PM you my contact info

F

Hey Pablus- I could probably get you a cutting at some point. Thats Bambusa Lako 'Timor Black'

getting a cutting is a bit involved, but I will be transplanting a clump sometime over the next 6 months and I will divide off a shoot for you.

I am up to my ears in bamboo at this point, so I dont need anymore, but I do remember you saying you had alot of heliconia varities? (drool)

Pages: 1 13 replies