Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8

Pages: 1 2 3 114 replies

Tiki Art Now, volume 3 is coming up fast

Update: we will have a bus to transport us to the Saturday Lunch at Islander and Home Bar Tour
you will need to purchase a bus ticket to join the bar tour.
21 and older, please!
i'm still working out the details..and will update this thread as info becomes available

pix added

[ Edited by: dogbytes 2006-09-19 21:00 ]

[ Edited by: dogbytes 2007-06-16 13:15 ]

1. I will be in Seattle those dates
  2. Don't care where lunch is, since I'll be at Luna...
  3. No bus for me, because I dont' know when I'll get off work.
    I'll meet y'all where I can.
  4. when do I get to see TraderPup again????
  5. HAHAHA. YER IN CHARGE!!!
    wheeeeee
  6. Oh yeah, another hungover Garage sale is going to happen on
    Sunday.. This sunday... the 20th. Just a short one... 11am-3pm... I added more goodies to the piles, so if anyone wants to come over, email me at [email protected] for the address...

Pea

1. Yes!!! We couldn't handle missing yet another event in Jet City!!
  2. The Islander (only because we haven't been yet)
  3. You can count two of us in for a bus.
  1. Sure will
  2. Don't care either way
  3. yes, bus good!
J

I'm thinking about coming up. Do you have any inexpensive lodging suggestions near the downtown area?

M

Here are some places that inexpensive and clean enough for a night or two. They are not too exciting but all are close to the Tiki Art Now Show, Ohana, Lava Lounge, and The Islander:

The Sixth Avenue Inn:
http://www.sixthavenueinn.com/index.htm

The Days Inn:
http://www.daysinn.com/DaysInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=06436&brandInfo=DI

Best Western Executive Inn:
http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=48068#null

D

medusa ~ YOU ROCK.. thanks for posting that info.. i hadnt looked into hotels yet..

you're joining in the fun, right? do i have your email address?

J

Thanks for the info. After revisiting my budget, I think I'm going to have to pass after all. But I'm sure someone else will benefit from the hotel information.

Mahalo,
Jen

I'll be there and so will Tiki A. Moaikingbird if I have to conk him on the noggin and stuff him in the trunk to get him there.

Either restaurant is fine.

Two more for the bus. I plan on gettin' plenty likker'd up

Thanks for doing this, Elicia. I'm really looking forward to it.

M

Yes, I plan to join up with everyone that weekend. I sent you my email yesterday. As far as going on the bus Saturday, I am unsure as I have to work until noon and I have a little one to deal with.

Thanks for planning activities for the weekend. I am happy to help where I can.

-Tracy

W

1:Yes.
2:The Islander as it is in Seattle. And the bar is cleverly called Tiki Bar
3:I do not like yellow school buses. (Ask me about my rural youth!) but would offer myself up sacrificially as a designated driver (rented or provided vehicle). Wonderin' whether to ride with me folks? Here's four lil words to help make that decision: I'm the fun one.
4:Nocanas
5:I am hopin' to help Mrs. Bytes (or Princess In Charge as we Jet City Mucky Mucks know her) see this freak show into an actual full blown side show...Or at least somethin' a notch above half-assed. (Three-quarters assed maybe?) So clear yer calendars folks.

D

On 2006-08-15 12:33, sweetpea wrote:

1. I will be in Seattle those dates
  2. Don't care where lunch is, since I'll be at Luna...
  3. when do I get to see TraderPup again????
  4. HAHAHA. YER IN CHARGE!!!
    Pea

Miss Pea:
doofus, you live here!
hmm maybe i'll bring a busload of overhung revelers, each wanting separate checks, for you to serve! (oh, i've done that several times already)
You're always welcome to stop by our place to play with Pup! plus i'll try to stop in at your garage sale.
im not in charge.

On 2006-08-17 08:06, woofmutt wrote:
5:I am hopin' to help Mrs. Bytes (or Princess In Charge as we Jet City Mucky Mucks know her) see this freak show into an actual full blown side show...Or at least somethin' a notch above half-assed. (Three-quarters assed maybe?) So clear yer calendars folks.

Everyone's help is so greatly appreciated! may i call you My Minion? even though i'm not in charge?

Breaking news

He's good to your earhole ~Selector Lopaka ~ serving up exotic delicacies from vintage vinyl at Roq la Rue on Friday.

The Gallery after party is at Lava Lounge on Friday 9-midnight

YES: im booking a bus! YOU WILL NEED TO BUY A BUS TICKET TO BE INCLUDED ON THE HOME BAR TOUR details will be posted as soon as the schedule is finalized.

Saturday Lunch will be at Islander

looks like i'll have a house full of canadians to wrangle (yay TW, Pepe & Pete, SDT and Moaikingbird)

1 possibly 2 more Seattle Tiki Home Bars to schedule in Saturday

Tikiwahine will guest bartend at Selector Lopaka & Puamana's house!

Sunday Lunch will be at Luau

Lisa Petrucci has kindly opened her home to us on on Sunday!

[b]email me if you will join in the fun ~

wow this is going to be a great weekend!
I got some friends drunk off one of my Jet City Junket beverage offerings last night, that was fun.

We wanna go. Let us know how to get on the bus forget about us, wait don't forget us. But let us know.

Bill

Is everyone riding the short bus? Sounds like a great time, wish I could
be there for what is shaping up to be a great unorganized event. Visiting
all the premiere homes all for $15, dogytes gets a big doggie treat!

W

The bus! Bah! I hate school buses!!! SO there is only one thing I can do...Make sure that fabulous pop culture trinketries are given away in an ongoin' on-the-bus FREE! raffle!!! Will yuh win a dream or a dud? Who knows? Who cares...IT'S FREE!!!*

*****(Free with paid bus ticket. The term "fabulous" is used as filler hyperbole, prizes may not be items winners would actually call "fabulous".The Jet City Mucky Mucks, dogbytes. Ramtha, or Woofmutt World Wide are not responsible fer yer happiness with the prize yuh may win. One prize per bus ticket holder. Eye scratchin' and hair pullin' over who has the neater prize is the sole responsibility of the prize winner, but will be highly amusin' fer the rest of us. This offer not valid in HI, AK, TX, VT, or where prohibited by law cuz they just hate fun. Odds of winnin' a prize are 1 in...Oh let's say...30. Fer complete rules and prize list go to http://www.thisisnotareallink.com/sucker/prizes/. Offer ends 9/18/06 or September 18th, 2006, whichever comes first.)

Tiki Art Now volume 3 opens at Roq la Rue gallery, Seattle on Sept 15, 6 pm - 9 pm ~ but that’s not all!

• Black Velvets
  • super limited edition Munktiki mug
  • Lushy
  • Selector Lopaka spinning vinyl
  • After party at Lava Lounge from 9 pm to midnight

who could ask for more? Well, YOU of course… so I’m proud to announce
:drink: :sheckymug:The Jet City Junket :sheckymug: :drink:
(the junket is not part of the tiki show proper or affiliated with Roq la Rue)

Saturday September 16, we’ll provide transportation to The Islander Restaurant for lunch and then take a tour of 4 incredible Seattle Tiki Homes.

And how much is this incredible journey through The Emerald City?
Just $15.00 to cover the cost of the big yellow bus.

Here’s how to reserve your spot:

:tiki:Payments must be remitted through my PAYPAL account: [email protected] :tiki:

PLEASE LEAVE ME THE FOLLOWING INFO IN THE NOTES FIELD WHEN YOU SEND YOUR PAYMENT:

• Your Tiki Central name
  • Your real name
  • Your phone number
  • please leave this info for each person you are paying for

Payments need to be received by September 10th. On or before the 10th I will send out an e-mail with the critical information that you will need. This itinerary will give all of the times for pick up and more detailed info on the tour.

edited to state: (the junket is not part of the tiki show proper or affiliated with Roq la Rue)

[ Edited by: dogbytes 2006-08-24 22:54 ]

Yep I'm all signed up and ready to go

Short Bus here I come!

Yes!! An all-terrain bus means shorter travelling times between venues! It'll practically be Fall so who really cares about people's yards? no roads=no traffic

PS. Just to let everyone know, I will pull hair and scratch eyes if one of the prizes is a Woofmutt original.

D

Get yer tickets.. woofmutt is creating stuff! as a matter o fact..he made this groovy poster..

Great poster mutt!

That thar Woofmutt makes lotsa kewl goodies!!!

Pea

S

We're working all the angles for a Kid watcher for the weekend. Should have positive response within a day or so. Hope the bus tickets hold out.

If there really is gonna be a raffle on the bus count me in for a couple of donated items.

D

whoa! stuff by woofmutt AND Seamus ~ can be YOURS only if you're on the bus.

hey, if you don't have paypal.. just snail mail me a personal check...
get on the bus, gus!

plus I just heard some rumors in shout - something about girls and oil and wrestling? on the bus? can't be sure though.

"...stuff by woofmutt AND Seamus..."

Yes, well, I had not claimed I was makin' the trinkets. But now that dogbytes has made this claim twice and Seamus has made an offer I guess I gotta make a another visit to Party City...This time to return some stuff.

S

Sorry Woofy. Better get to work!

W

My ride to adventure? Is this a comment on Woofmutt's driving?

The word on the street is the bus is "clothing optional",
although a fez is mandatory. Can't wait to see those pictures!

Pasties abound! Leis can be creatively draped.

On 2006-09-05 09:24, tiki-riviera wrote:
The word on the street is the bus is "clothing optional",
although a fez is mandatory. Can't wait to see those pictures!

Okay, you got me with this ONCE at the Christmas midnight mass, Mr. Riviera, but I'm not going to fall for it again!

In the ringing words of our nation's great leader, "Fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me ...... you can't get fooled again!"

Mr. Monkeyskull,

I would not joke about something as serious as riding the shortbus sans
clothing. Just remember to bring an extra fez to cover the little tiki
when you walk down the aisle.

S

fez for the lil tiki guy...
http://www.mcphee.com/items/10776.html
heh heh

PLT

Nudity, prizes and a tour of some of Jet City's finest home Tiki bars, I say it's 15 bucks well spent (or should I say $16.66 Canadian at the current exchange rate).

Oh yes, FYI, where there are Canadians, a certain type of rum might be found.

Edited to update the current exchange rate.

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2006-09-08 01:45 ]

E

Ha ha :::: snort::::

Ok, I have a baby shower that day but I'm trying to see if I can rework my schedule so as not to miss the Magic Bus ride and extravaganza! Sounds like we need tunes on the bus...will there be any? This is a make it or break it thing for me and hopefully someone will have some of The Who readily available because we'll need "Magic Bus" and "We Won't Get Fooled Again". I hope if Woofmutt is the driver he doesn't make us sit facing front, hands folded neatly on our laps while only allowing whispering to the person next to you.

Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus
I want it, I want it, I want it...(You can't have it!)
Think how much you'll save...(You can't have it!)
I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it ... (You can't have it!)

I only have a ukelele, but it ought to do:

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

Now that I'm at Archie McPhee's (cyberly), perhaps I should look at my Fez options...and I do already have a nice bottle of lavendar scented Baby Oil, but we'll see.

[ Edited by: exoticat 2006-09-09 12:10 ]

Friendly Tip of the Day:

When riding a school bus nude, the backside has a tendency to stick

to the vinyl seats and cause unwanted chaffing. A nice soft terry cloth towel

placed on the seat should alleviate any ass sweat/chaffing problems. This tip

was graciously given to me by Puamana. Thanks!

On 2006-09-05 14:11, tiki-riviera wrote:
Mr. Monkeyskull,

I would not joke about something as serious as riding the shortbus sans
clothing. Just remember to bring an extra fez to cover the little tiki
when you walk down the aisle.

Well okay then. It just seemed that you might be joking for a bit there -- I just wanted to make CERTAIN it was a nudist (except for fezzes) bus so that I don't look foolish. I'm not sure what you mean by little tiki, but I'll bring an extra fez to carry the No-Doz pills I'll need to stay awake if you're actually playing music by The Who.

E

I imagine it like this:

On 2006-08-24 22:00, dogbytes wrote:
Payments need to be received by September 10th. On or before the 10th I will send out an e-mail with the critical information that you will need. This itinerary will give all of the times for pick up and more detailed info on the tour.

Emails have gone out to those who've paid! there's still room aboard Busotica ~ contact me if you're tardy but still want to come along!

Straight from the Deep Jungles of Vermont ... Mojo's Fantabulous Pendants

He sent 3 Tangs, 1 Skull, 5 Tiki Bobs, 3 Coconut Monkeys, 2 Lil' Brunos, 2 Brunos, 4 Moes & 5 Lil' Moes ~ (i cant tell the Brunos from the Moes)..

The Tiki Bobs go for $12, the rest are $8 ~ they come on a beaded twine necklace..and are quite lovely!

i'll be vending these necklaces from the inside of my raincoat.. see me for details!

W

For those vistin' Seattle interested in some cool shoppin' here's a coupla places to kinda easily check out on an action packed schedule...

When in Ballard it'sArchie McPhee's fer all yer pop culture nonsense. (Dogbytes claims they're cuttin' back on their Tiki type products, so shop now.) Worth the trip.

A short yet sometimes uneasy drive east is Hawaii General Storewhich has an exceptional collection of quality Hawaiian arts and crafts and shirts and snacks and some yard goods and music and a smatterin' of Tiki ( a few Tiki Farm mugs, etc). (Also: Don't mention yuh came fer the Tiki, they don't like that.) Worth the trip if yuh don't have a nice Hawaii shop in yer neck of the woods.

If yer goin' to the General store, right next door is the Electric Heavyland a music shop/collectible grown up modern art plastic toy sorta place. And next door to it is Comics Dungeon which has comics, of course, and some more of them plastic toys fer grown ups.

W

And also...Cuz I don't think this got mentioned here or somethin' like that...At Lava Lounge The Mercury Four will be playin'. So if yuh like surf music but were plannin' on headin' home after all that lounge toned gallery schmoozin'...Change yer plans. Now.

S

yes, definately stay for the Mercury Four!
I'm gonna try to sneak out of the wedding I'm goin to, somewhat
early, and try to make a stop at the Lava Lounge.
Hope to see some of ya!
PEa

D

On 2006-09-11 00:46, dogbytes wrote:
i'll be vending these necklaces from the inside of my raincoat.. see me for details!

there are just 2 tiki bobs left. message me if you want me to reserve a particular type of pendant for you..

...and there was one

S

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it's this weekend!!!!
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
PEa

I figgered I'd try Miss Pea's post in the Woofmutter 3000-X Universal Translator...

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

It is Thursday Mornin' and I wish it were Friday evenin'...

it's this weekend!!!!

TANIII is just around the bend. Thank gawd as I am about to lose my perty lil mind in this here cubicle.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I hope to rock to the Mercury Four. The Jet City Junket will be neat. Even if I am there late.

PEa

Yer's with sugar and cinnamon sprinkled all over it, Miss Sweetpea.

(Woofmutt World Wide disclaimer: All translations approximate and should not be taken as the actual words or intent of the party or parties translated.)

Pages: 1 2 3 114 replies