Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kahlua Hut

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

I am looking for information on the Kahlua Hut. Searching this site and others - the only thing I find is two different mugs with Kahlua Hut on it.

Does anyone know where this place is/was? Was it a bar or restaurant or ...?

Mahalo

T

No replies in over a week. Is the Kahlua Hut really that big of a mystery?

Does anyone have any advice on how I could go about digging up information on this place? I've exhausted the internet to my abilities.

Lots of friendly, smart people here at TC. I'm sure people weren't ignoring your post because they wanna keep the Kahlua Hut a secret. For the record, I've not heard of it.

T

Pretty sure it was in D.C.

T

The person selling a Kahlua Hut mug on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=130073841642&rd=1
stated in the auction that the Kahlua Hut was in Hyattsville, Maryland. I asked the seller if they had any more info on the place and got this response:

I just remember there was a place on the corner of Riggs and Ager Roads called the Kahlua Hut for a few years (about 1974??) and before that it was Jones Ice Cream Parlor (it may have been something else in between). It's in Hyattsville or Green Meadows depending on where you're coming from. It's not there anymore, of course!

Thanks for sharing what you've learned, TikiPhil! It's great to at least have a city; now I can put it in Critiki. A bit of Googling what you've learned hasn't turned up any new info for me, but hopefully it'll help out others who are trying to find more info (esp. those who live in the area).

Pages: 1 5 replies