Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

quality tiki lights?

Pages: 1 10 replies

I have been unable to find high quality tiki lights anywhere for our deck/patio. I'm looking the the torch kind to help keep bugs away...the only kind I see have tops that can easily come off if bumped, and I don't want a fire hazard near my deck.

Does anyone know of any that have threaded on tops that are more secure?

Thanks

U

On 2006-08-17 13:14, unklefun wrote:
I found these links on Ebay. These might work for you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-3-Gardendance-Ltd-Ed-Ceramic-Tiki-Garden-Torches_W0QQitemZ150021603071QQihZ005QQcategoryZ20509QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-Copper-64-5-Tiki-Torches-Set-of-Two_W0QQitemZ270019376310QQihZ017QQcategoryZ20509QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-MINI-BAMBOO-TIKI-TORCHES-LUAU-table-CENTERPIECE_W0QQitemZ160019643192QQihZ006QQcategoryZ102420QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks! the copper ones are exactly what I'm looking for...i just e-mailed the seller to find out if they have threaded tops to keep the oil from easily spilling out

[ Edited by: probillygun 2006-08-17 14:05 ]

J
jimbo posted on Fri, Aug 18, 2006 4:50 PM

I ordered these from Hawaii. They were $125.00 a pop, and come with the on/off gas valve. They use them at all the hotels. I could probably find the paperwork if your interested in em.

love the tiki moai on the left, not so crazy about the california raisen one in the middle.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ah ha! Torches. Not lights.

All of my torches are perfectly contained. Non of the "tops" can come off at all.
The ones that do come off are only available in third world countries.

Target may still have some good ones. 4 packs are down to $8.88. However, if you have a Michaels in your hood they are on sale for $1.50 each.

The "tops" that you think fall off (that I think you are talking about) are actually screwed onto the canister that hold the fluid. Usually a good 8" into the torch.

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-08-18 20:45 ]

On 2006-08-18 20:42, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

All of my torches are perfectly contained. Non of the "tops" can come off at all.

Target may still have some good ones. 4 packs are down to $8.88. However, if you have a Michaels in your hood they are on sale for $1.50 each.

The "tops" that you think fall off (that I think you are talking about) are actually screwed onto the canister that hold the fluid. Usually a good 8" into the torch.

No, I ordered ones that arrived that were horrible. The top pulled off with ease, the alum bottom was to be filled directly with oil, there was no way I was going to have something made like this mounted on my wood deck! A total fire hazzard.

T

Well, probilly, I'm not sure where you're at, but here in Vancouver we've got these cheap thingies in just about every dollar store; (note it's just the head showing)

I've just shaken the thing like crazy, knocked it over, and pulled on the cannister - it's in there pretty good. Not sure what you think of the cheapo style, tho'.
They range in sizes from 12" to 6'. (and prices from 1-6 bux. Some of the $ places should be named One-Or-Two-Things-For-A-Dollar Stores)

On 2006-08-21 10:15, twitch wrote:
Well, probilly, I'm not sure where you're at, but here in Vancouver we've got these cheap thingies in just about every dollar store; (note it's just the head showing)

I've just shaken the thing like crazy, knocked it over, and pulled on the cannister - it's in there pretty good. Not sure what you think of the cheapo style, tho'.
They range in sizes from 12" to 6'. (and prices from 1-6 bux. Some of the $ places should be named One-Or-Two-Things-For-A-Dollar Stores)

Thanks, but I dont want any part of the head to be flamable...was looking for all Alum or copper heads

RG

On 2006-08-21 07:29, probillygun wrote:

On 2006-08-18 20:42, Mr. NoNaMe wrote:

No, I ordered ones that arrived that were horrible. The top pulled off with ease, the alum bottom was to be filled directly with oil, there was no way I was going to have something made like this mounted on my wood deck! A total fire hazzard.

My daughter found me some solar ones at Target or Lowe's. They don't have the allure of open flame but they're pretty damn cool looking. I also have the cheap oil torches, but my patio is cement, not wood. If I had a wood deck like you, I wouldn't even consider anything but the solar.

The title of this Tiki statue isn't "Hoof Hearted," is it? :D It's pretty cool lookin'!

Pages: 1 10 replies