Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hot Lava Java FINALLY getting ready to open, party

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha to any TC'rs who have been patiently waiting for the doors to (finally!!!) open at Hot lava Java. It has been a long painstaking process in which I learned alot. ( At times I was ready to jump off a cliff after dealing with the red tape of the Health and building departments.) Anyway, alot has gone in to this and I am totally stoked on it as I know everyone else will be. I will be doing a grand opening on Sat. Sept 2 with food entertainment and of course free shave ice !!! (from 2 to 4pm) I will try to post a flyer if time allows. Hope to see you down there!!! Mahalos for your support!!! Wes

A
Al-ii posted on Fri, Aug 18, 2006 8:25 AM

I look forward to it Wes,
Mahalo,
Al

Thanks Al!! Hope you are well and will see you soon!!

T

Sweet! That's just after we're supposed to be done moving. A good excuse to swing by, since it'll be on the way to Hi-Times and my liquor cabinet is starting to look a little bare.

I'm sure the quality and taste of the coffee will be top notch. But I am not a coffee person, will you have hot chocolate?
I am in that area for work sometimes, I'll stop by in the winter when its cold, to warm up if so.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks guys, hope to see as many TCers as possible for the big day and beyond. Be sure to ask for a kamaaina discount card. The menu will have way more than just good coffee. I will serve a wicked shave ice (as good as Matsumotos for sure!) as well as a full cashe of Hawaiian pastries and baked goods like manapuas, musubi, char sui gao, dobash, lilikoi cheesecake and malsadas (plus much more). I will also be selling the Hot Lava Java house volcano mug by TIKI FARM.(due in by october or sooner!!) A MUST HAVE for your collection! A Hui ho!!!

T

So, who from TC was at the Hot Lava Java Grand Opening party ?
I was and thought it was great. Read about it on my blog... http://www.tikiyaki.wordpress.com

I'm thinking of opening something similar, possibly in the Burbank area. I'd love to hear opinions of this.

Pages: 1 6 replies