Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki inspiration

Pages: 1 12 replies

O

Here are some of my favorite images I took in Oahu and Maui that inspired me to complete my Tiki bar recently. What inpired you?

H

Nice pics of the Islands (and the dancin' girls too!) Got pics of the tiki bar? I'm afraid to say that my inspiration came mostly from web images and pics in books, etc. I'm happy w/it, so far--it's a work in progress. You can see my progress pics on the 'Creating Tiki' forum somewhere---here, if this method of linking works out for me: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20343&forum=18

On 2006-08-19 19:51, Ojaitimo wrote:
What inpired you?

This...

And booze.

O

Thanks Surf n turf, I just put a few pics of my bar in creating Tiki ,other crafts.
Yeah, I have to admit Unga Bunga, the hula dancer was my main motivation too .

O

Here are some more favorites of mine that I took at in Laihina, Maui a few years ago.

flower girls at wedding

[ Edited by: ojaitimo 2006-09-13 12:59 ]

O

Luah in Lahaina, Maui

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-09-25 19:48 ]

I look back at certain moments for inspiration.

Getting viciously lost looking for Kare Kare and finding Piha.

Sitting in front of the Marae at Te Papa and being moved to tears listening to the Maoris and Pakeha singing togther.

Finding the world's coolest fence.

Not necessarily breathtaking pictures, but the memory of discovering these things inspires me to fill my home with poly pop so that there's something silly or beautiful or unexpected at every turn.

The bar is never complete.

O

Great pictures TikiKate,

Where is that incredible fence and how big is it?

Ojaitimo

On 2006-09-26 08:57, Ojaitimo wrote:
Great pictures TikiKate,

Where is that incredible fence and how big is it?

Ojaitimo

It's just outside the road leading up to the Rotorua Museum in New Zealand. It's a little taller than the standard picket fence and stretches about twelve feet on both sides of the street.

Yesterday along the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu.

[ Edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-10-14 12:30 ]

...Inspiration, AHHHH

When I was about 6 years old Hawaii became a state and my father built the Mauna Kea Room in our basement. Here are a couple of photos of the room I recently stumbled across.

We always had some great parties there and plenty of rum and beer were consumed by the adults.

KK

M

My main inspiration is really romantic. I was tired of having the stuff in storage-and tired of paying for the storage!!! :)

Pages: 1 12 replies