Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kava Bar - Boca Raton

Pages: 1 2 replies

I

A member of the DC/VA/MD tiki board (sbmoor26) alerted us to a Kava Bar that exists in Boca Raton, Florida. I have no experience with kava at all, but it appears to be a non-alcoholic tea version of a tiki drink, derived from the kava root - which means that those under 21 can enter and drink. Apparantly, some of the customers are catching some form of calming buzz from the kava elixir served there, which made me think that this place might be considered as a training ground for potential future hard-core Ma-Kai drinkers.

The name of the above bar is Nakava, and the above source stated that there was a definite South Pacific vibe to the place, with thatched roofing and several authentic Polynesian masks hanging on the wall - perhaps a form of Trader Vics-lite?

The Nakava website can be further examined here .... http://www.nakava.com

Perhaps some of the South Florida persons can pay a visit and tell us what they think?

Vern

N

i'm from hawaii, and..i'm in hawaii. anyway, kava is awesome. kava is also illegal in some states. depending on where you get it depends on the strength of the kava. its effects are comparable to..i dunno, morphine or something. it calms you down and numbs your body, especially your mouth. Its consistancy is almost like mud, and tastes sorta like dirt. Its really not that great unless you really wanna catch a buzz off of it. Its almost like getting stoned, to really describe it. You'll do a couple years in prison if california catches you with kava :P

The most ironic thing about this is the bar has an ad in our local weekly rags (City Link, etc...) and the design and printing are such that you have no idea what or where the bar is. The only thing you can actually read in the ad is Kava, and that is only if you know what you are looking for.

I will grab one and get a picture up.

Then, I will grab the wahine and scout it out.

More soon, Kava and out.

Pages: 1 2 replies