Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Anyone own this bar?

Pages: 1 10 replies

M

I'm curious about the home bar in the image below. It was once offered at Tiki Farm and I've seen it on some other websites as well. I'm thinking about setting up a room with both tiki and spage-age decor, but thought the two styles would clash. However, this bar looks like it would complement my space-age selections. I'd rather not build my own bar right now, but I'm hesitant about the $1300 price tag of the bar/shelf set. Does anyone here own the bar, and are you happy with the purchase? Thanks!

This bar and shelf is producted by a company called Krypton. They use to be out of Fullerton, CA but they have moved to a different location (still in California). I believe the bar itself was priced at $795 and the shelf was under $300. I have seen the bar up close. It is very nice looking. If you are going to buy it more for the looks, go for it. If you are going to buy it to utilize, you might want to invest in something a little more sturdy.

B

Look up our own Rev Bamboo Ben who just happens to make kiler bamboo bars, shelfs and any other things you can think of from bamboo. He can even make it look space-age I believe! And his prices won't give you a heart atack.

Benzart,
I was just going to say the same thing.
Bamboo Ben bars will become the "Witco" of the 21st century.

Mahalos Guys.

But I'll be gone on the Bamboo Ben Traveling Tiki Circus
till the 16th of Oct., starting this Monday. 3 big projects back to back to back. ( then another in Nov.)

No rest for the wicked!

Arrrr!!!

Mingus, how bout Dec.? Ho ho Ho!!!

B

Long as you're back for the 26th Oct, I don't care Where you go!
B Benzez barz iz ze bezt

M

I might have to take you up on the offer, Bamboo Ben! I've seen the work you did on Tiki Lee's guest room and I was amazed. I live on the the East Coast, however...can you ship a small bar?

I'm a grad student right now, so all big purchases must be ultimately approved by the bread-winning wahine, otherwise known as the Great Sensible One. :cry:

TM

You need a bar, I got a bar. You want space age tiki, I got space age tiki.
Here's some samples of cool fabrics I can get my grubby little paws on:

How about some cool Laminate for the top like this:

Lot's more options, gimme a call or email if interested ([email protected] / 562.212.2846) check out the bar at http://www.bartiki.com

Hi! Whilst you might not feel up to building your own tiki bar at the moment, you might want to check out our British Tiki Magazine POCKETIKI for future reference. It has a feature taken from a mid-60s DIY magazine on how to 'Build your own Safari Bar' (see pic below). It is made of bamboo and straw and is so cool, every tiki lounge should have one! I might point out, that looking at the numerous pictures, it does seem that it is essential to smoke a pipe whilst building the bar! Check out your home insurance before embarking on such a project - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

All the best in your search!

G

I'm not usually a fan of shameless plugs, but this one reeled me in. Just ordered your mag. :D

Just fyi to anyone interested, after the conversion, it was $10.67.

Shameless plug? Me? An English Gentleman?!!

Aw roight guv'nor..ya gots me fair 'n square, but wot's a poor geezer like me s'posed to do? We don't 'ave no distribution and we need to fund our tiki 'abit! Cor luv a duck! Blimey, Dick Van Dyke (and his 'Cockneywood' accent) has got a lot to answer for! Hopefully you'll enjoy our efforts and if you build that bar...send the photos and you're in Issue 3! Toodle Pip! - Trader Jim.

Whoops! The spellchecker has just blown a gasket!!

Pages: 1 10 replies