Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Castmember on the new Survivor is wearing a tiki t-shirt from Adrift

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

While surfing the web, I stumbled across a picture of the cast from Survivor 13. Nathan is wearing a tiki t-shirt from Marcus and Adrift Clothing.

Vegas BABY!

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2006-08-23 21:48 ]

Looks like the dude to his bottom left is wearing a Dr. Z shirt too!!

Right On Dudes!! !!

Ahhhh, ya beat me to it... was just going to post after reading the story on Yahoo.

Cool logo... a couple of Tangaroas...

Perhaps we'll see tiki on this one like Marquesan Islands and the Tam Tams on Vanuatu.

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-08-23 23:48 ]

They all kind of look like the last three shows
You can almost tell their personalities by looking at them.
I will put my money on the small girl with the yellow tang in the front row.

Is this a couples edition?

On 2006-08-24 15:51, Tikiwahine wrote:
Is this a couples edition?

Nope. Looks like it should be though.

They're dividing the teams my race this time. Weird.

More Pirate/Shipwreck than tiki so far on Survivor: Cook Islands. But the immunity idol is sweet... Found some screen shots online...

It popped apart into three pieces, one for each tribe that won immunity on the first challenge.

K

I always enjoy Survivor...although I was a bit disappointed that, being in the Cook Islands this time, the tribal council area looks very pirate-like and not very tiki-like. oh well. The immunity idol is a true tiki.
Previous to the show, I went online to look at the contestants and my first thought was "Wow..finally a very ethnically diverse group." They usually just seem to have all Caucasians with a few other thrown in here and there.
When the show began, I was rather taken aback by the politically incorrect, yet gutsy move of dividing the 20 contestants into 4 groups of 5 each..along ethnic lines. So, there's an African-American tribe, a Hispanic tribe, and Asian tribe, and a Caucasian tribe. This could be most interesting.
Everyone (except the Caucasians notably) was talking about how they felt they needed to "represent." The Asians won the first challenge. The African-American team came in last but, got to choose someone to send to be cast off for a few days on Exile Island, and, rather than picking a member of the very together winning Asian team, they picked a white guy to expel. How this all plays out could make for a most interesting Survivor.

S

They cut the tiki's penis off!

Maybe that's the third piece.

T

I was wearing that same shirt as we watched the show last night. Not on purpose of course. Just a coincidence.

On 2006-09-15 06:26, Swanky wrote:
They cut the tiki's penis off!

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-17 17:32 ]

I wonder if the Adrift shirt is a coincidence or just shrewed marketing on Tonys part? - My guess is coincidence - Either way its cool and I love free marketing. So TOny u better start crankin out those limited edition Survivor Adrift t's!

Get the press hot and runnin'!

Again either way - however it got on the screen its great and I'm surprised that it passed through such a large network - SOOOO how did it get on that guy? Please tell story....

see you at the Hukilau!

Marcus told me last summer that Jeff Probst is also a huge fan of adrift and I have seen Jeff on many tv appearances wearing adrift clothing.

Lakesurfer got it right. The host has been a fan of adrift for 3 years now. It all started when one of the crew, who builds the sets, bought a shirt in Hermosa Beach, and wore it while he worked on the show. Jeff asked him where he got it, and the next day Jeff ordered a hefty load of shirts from the adrift clothing website. That was 3 years ago, and Marcus has been in contact since. Each season, we have supplied shirts for the crew. We have a small rumor floating around the adrift headquarters that sections of this years show were sold to the network using our website as reference and inspiration.... Jeff has been more than kind to us, wearing adrift for every interview, and photo shoot he can!

Pages: 1 15 replies