Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Trying to figure out the name of a song about Buffy from 'Family Affair'

Pages: 1 11 replies

D

Maybe one of you west coast TCers know the name of this song. I have an old tape of a 'Rodney on the ROQ' show from I think 1982. One of the songs he plays is about Buffy (Anissa Jones) from the 'Family Affair' TV show OD'ing.

The lyrics are 'Buffy, Buffy come back to me/why'd ya hafta go and OD?/what about Uncle Bill, Jodi, and Sissy?'

Totally sounds like an L.A. band. Maybe a girl group, at least the vocals are by a girl.

Anybody? Anybody??

I think it was Child Star by The Diodes

I remember the song too, not much help on the who did it...

In the meantime, you can always ask Rodney http://www.rodney-b.com/contact.htm

That's "Buffy Buffy Come Back To Me" by Angel & The Reruns. I believe I still have it on one of my old Rodney on the Roq compilation lps from the early 80s.

Sabu

On 2006-08-25 22:11, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
That's "Buffy Buffy Come Back To Me" by Angel & The Reruns. I believe I still have it on one of my old Rodney on the Roq compilation lps from the early 80s.

Sabu

But can you still sing it?

"Buffy, Buffy come back to me/Why'd you have to go and OD/Who's gonna take care of Mrs. Beasley?"

D

Thanks Sabu, that sounds about right.

Now does anybody know the name of some English band that did a song called 'Yesterday'?....

P

On 2006-08-26 08:08, donhonyc wrote:
Thanks Sabu, that sounds about right.

Now does anybody know the name of some English band that did a song called 'Yesterday'?....

Wasn't that Chad & Jeremy?

http://www.chadandjeremy.net/cj/distants.ram

To return the favor, can anyone remember the old Max's Kansas City band that had a song that went "Ma! I'm leaving soon/to be the first Rock Star on the Moon"? I've got the song stuck in my head & can't pull it out, and I can't find mt copy of Max's Kansas City '76 to check.

D

On 2006-08-26 11:54, freddiefreelance wrote:
To return the favor, can anyone remember the old Max's Kansas City band that had a song that went "Ma! I'm leaving soon/to be the first Rock Star on the Moon"? I've got the song stuck in my head & can't pull it out, and I can't find mt copy of Max's Kansas City '76 to check.

Is that Suicide 'Rocket, USA' you're talking about?

Nope. I think it was the Brats' (the original NYC the Brats, not the LA '80s Glam band) "First Rock Star on the Moon," but I won't know 'til I can find the CD.

On 2006-08-25 22:11, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

Sabu

That is a nice bit of knowledge, Sabu.

Pages: 1 11 replies