Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Three books from the beachcombing Hedley Family -- Available Now!

Pages: 1 8 replies

H

The daughters of Eli Hedley are making available three books that are sure to be of interest to many:

:up: View from the Top of the Mast, by Bungy Hedley
An autobiography of a young gal's adventures sailing Hawaii, Tahiti, California coast and more, written by our own bungy (Eli Hedley's daughter, and Bamboo Ben's aunt). This 321-page book is two decades out of seven... of a life filled with interesting happenings and people... a chronicle of life during the second World War in Hollywood, and life lived as a beachcomber's daughter.

:up: How Daddy Became a Beachcomber, by Marilyn Hedley
This book was first published in 1947, and copies of it are extremely rare, and much cherished. Those who have been frustrated in their search for this tale of a most unusual family of beachcombing adventurers will rejoice at the news that the book is now available in reprinted form. The book is written by Marilyn Hedley and illustrated by Flo Ann Hedley, both are Eli Hedley's daughters, and Bamboo Ben's aunts.

:up: Eli Hedley Beachcomber 1943 Catalog Reprint
This charming catalog features many ink illustrations and black-and-white photographs of the goods that made Eli Hedley famous, and bedecked many a trendy hotel, bar or home in WWII Hollywood. At the end of this reprinted catalog are a series of historic black-and-white photographs, showing a number of tikis carved by Hedley, the Hedley home at White's Point, and a Life Magazine profile from 1943.

To order by credit card:

Author House Book Store
1-888-280-7715

or, via e-mail:

[email protected]

To order by check or money order:

Bungy Hedley (will autograph!)
Box 101
Ledbetter, TX 78946
$20.00/book including S&H

Email: [email protected]

Or, order through Amazon.com:

View from the Top of the Mast
How Daddy Became a Beachcomber
Eli Hedley 1943 Catalog Reprint

P

i bought mine from amazon. hope that's okay.

Placed my order today, been waiting for these to finish off the Summer reading! Hemingway, London, Blanding and HEDLEY!...aaahh the endless summer, perfect!

Flip-flOp-fLipPp... :D

P

YES!!!!!!

B
bungy posted on Wed, Aug 30, 2006 4:41 AM

Wow! Humuhumu did a great job of getting out the word!! What a gal!!! Auntie Bungy

Too cool for school! I will definitely be buying these.

Hello Rob

I just recieved your messagethrough an email alert from TC.
Email me back at [email protected]
I'm not sure which Tiki You're interested in

MAHALO
Mark Escovedo
Marcus Cove Creations
1-310-322-1103

OOOOPS!!!
MY BAD responded to the wrong email
please disregard previous post

Mark Escovedo
Marcus Cove Creations
1-310-322-1103

C

just got mine today....catalog and "Beachcomer." Happy happy happy...in these times of
foolish tiki stuff everywhere you turn...the real deal. Thanks to everyone involved.

Pages: 1 8 replies