Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Georgia Mountain Tiki

Pages: 1 14 replies

RUT

I was in the mountains of northern Georgia last week and spotted this carved wooden tiki on the side of the road...

Sitting in front of this...

I thought the juxtaposition of the two was pretty cool and totally unexpected!

That would be Tallulah Falls...He wants 4,000 for that tiki. That's why it's still there after 7 months.

WOW.
How tall is it? What kind of wood?
Dig it!

P

that's pretty cool.

Nice Tiki.

I like the house even better!

Sabu

The wife and I passed the Moai not to long ago on one of our trips. I didn't have the camera nor did I stop. She doesn't get as excited about this sort of thing as I do. I am surprised at the price and feel that the dude must like it too much to really sell it. Personally, I'd take a higher quality moderately priced BK original any day.

This thread raises my curiosity on another level. How many Tiki Centralites reside in Georgia?

Swamp

Tikisobayli and I are in Atlanta (Doraville to be exact)!
Who else??

RUT

Jungle Trader….I am not sure how tall it was, but if I had to guess I would say that it was at least 10’. I stood in front of it and I am 5’6” and there was still a long way to the top!
I am not an expert in wood nor a carver, but it appeared to be a very dense, heavy wood. The place were it was located had a business to the side that works with reclaimed and salvaged wood. The owner was not there, but I did talk to the owner of the campground next to it and he told me that it was carved with a chain saw.

Sabu…I also thought the cabin was very charming. Here are a few more photos of it.

F
Fugu posted on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 10:25 AM

I just started posting on the board, but I also live in Atlanta.

[ Edited by: fugu 2006-08-28 10:42 ]

KK

-Avondale Estates, between the big rock & the pink triangle.

Yeah...that's the tiki. You get on Georgia 441 and head through Tallulah Falls and right after Tallulah River Resort you will soon encounter a logyard/timberframe cabin builder on the left. You can't miss the tiki. He wants 4 grand for it. It'll cost 4 grand to move it.

I'm in the Buford area just north of the ATL.

Swamp

S

Wow Kava King! I grew up in Avondale Estates. Currently in Carlton, Ga....30 minutes east of Athens.

H

Born and 'reared' in Augusta, Ga / Statesboro, Ga / N. Augusta, SC. Got lotsa friends in Atl and Athens--relatives in Vidalia, St. Simons, Macon. May be coming up to Ga. for a visit depending on Ernestos attitude when he gets a little closer here to the low country of SC----So far-so good.

waikiki tiki; we're in the same neck of the woods! I'm living in Norcross with my fiancee.
When I get the home bar in any local TC'ers can come have a cocktail. Stage one should be done maybe november.

Pages: 1 14 replies