Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Workin' Large

Pages: 1 18 replies

All done with my double bladed axe and my happy little chisels! Still got a ways to go but it's comin' along!

M

Wow! Pagan, that's lookin good using primitive tools. Awesome size too. I love the chiseled look.

Keep on posting.

Mahalo

Mc

B

How large IS that guy Suburb? HE is looking great. I Love all the patterned tool marks, It shows you are using a structured technique. Can't wait to see this guy done.

He's huge Ben! REAL huge! Haha!

it's actually about 5 feet tall and 300 million gabazillion tons

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan 2006-08-28 01:14 ]

wow does he EVER look good. thats gonna be one heck of a good piece. good work.
cant wait untill hes done

Thanks for the kind words everybody! It's still got a ways to go but it's slowly coming together! Heres a closeup:

R

Wow, so this is your carving! Looks great! Can't wait to see it complete! :)

starting to work some teeth in

B

Boy oh Boy, he's Looking great!

Look'n good Suburban, I like the chisel texture.

Good work...It is so refreshing to see chisel marks!

8T

You're really getting a fantastic look going there. Keep at it because we want to see it finished!

H
Heath posted on Wed, Aug 30, 2006 7:50 PM

Looking really good!

Lookin real nice. I agree, the chisel marks are great. I hope they make it to the finished product.

Thanks a lot you guys.....I'm glad the chisels are going over so well! I just can't bring myself to use a chainsaw on these.....I love the process of tapping and chipping and leaving those marks and you can bet that they will be in the finished tiki! Thanks again! Updates as they come in!

yeah, nice work!
The chisle marks really add to the primitive and organic nature of the tiki.

H
Heath posted on Mon, Sep 15, 2008 6:32 PM

Any progress on this?

woah radd, man!!! cant wait to see it finished!

B

Excellent piece man and after seeing you standing next to it I can really see why it took you SOOO Loong to finish. :P :lol: :P: Now if you can only find more of those 12 ft logs you can continue ON!

Pages: 1 18 replies