Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Hold On Florida Ohana!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Best of luck this week... you're in thoughts and prayers that this one steers clear or weakens to a light sea breeze...

L
Loki posted on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 5:10 AM

Thanks Lake...

I'm ready and waiting. Mostly because I need to restock the log pile!!

Water...$1.69 per gallon
Gas.... $3.24 per gallon
Granola Bars.... $.99 with coupon

Watching the idiots in the gas station line honk thier horns at the 500 people ahead of them in line..... Pricelss.

Ok, so it was a weak joke. But you really should see the 500 people in line to get gas. Like honking and yelling at the 499 people ahead of you is going to make the line go any faster......

H
Helz posted on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 12:47 PM

I just want to echo Lake's sentiments...you all keep safe and please keep us updated on how you're doing.

Bad enough we gotta miss you guys during normal times....

Helz & Rita

L
Loki posted on Mon, Aug 28, 2006 12:56 PM

Chip....500? you should see the lines here....i'd say a few thousand.. :wink:

hang in there kiddies..its gonna be a bumpy ride...

I'm taking pictures of the landscaping now, cause it aint gonna be there on wednesday..

Our thoughts will be with you guys.

Stay safe everyone.

But guys...... it isn't even a hurricane yet!!!!
Ok, yes, best to be prepared. But wasn't last year enough practice to get a system down?? :P

Seriously, best wishes to everyone. Be safe and may this weather annoyance turn out to be a nothing more than a wet drill.

P.S. Thought I was in the twilight zone cuz the lines were actually MOVING ALONG at the bank, hardware store, Costco (inside, not gas), grocery store and the pharmacy. As you long as ya weren't in a gas line, it was A-O.K.

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2006-08-28 19:00 ]

it's like the hurricane said to the coconut tree: "hang onto your nuts!! this ain't no ordinary blowjob!!!!!!

They closed all the schools here, meaning my wife (the teacher) and my kids are home. And my office closed for the day too. All of those decisions were made yesterday when nobody was sure what this storm was going to do. So far, we've had barely a puff of wind or a drop of rain. Don't get me wrong, that's better than the 60 mph winds they were originally forcasting for Orlando.

Pages: 1 9 replies