Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

You can buy the S.S. Minnow!

Pages: 1 13 replies

Looks like the boat used in the original series opening credits can be yours for a mere $99,000 CDN.

Buy the SS Minnow

Here's a link to the actual listing (for all you potential buyers):
Buy the Minnow

I guess you could recoup the cost by taking people on 3hr tours.

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2006-08-28 13:01 ]

Man I'd love to have that thing shipwrecked in my backyard!
Stupid cost.Damn!

Too Funny! I had lunch with some of my sailing friends today, and one of the gals had dreamed that we started a cruise line here in Hawaii, sailing out of Hickam Harbor, right by Pearl Harbor... She said it was so real that she woke up and her husband asked her what was the problem and she told him: "You won't believe what Wendy has got us into!" before she realized it was a dream. Her dream was pretty funny, with our first customers being Sarah Jessica Parker and family. And we were taking them sailing in 14' Holders! She said it was like in the Wizard of OZ, we all had parts in her dream. And Jenn was there and Jane was there and Ben was there and Wendy, even you were there!

So I said that, well... we could buy the SS Minnow, ship it here and start a "3 Hour Tour" cruise. It pays to read Tiki Central every morning.

When is Ginger gonna go on EBay?

On 2006-08-28 12:54, Pepe le Tiki wrote:
Here's a link to the actual listing (for all you potential buyers):
Buy the Minnow
[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2006-08-28 13:01 ]

I guess the original three-hour-tour gang never intended to sleep on board, as - according to the listing - it only sleeps five!

CL

When I was a kid, I always dreamed of living on Gilligans Island. Aside from the occassional savages and bad guys arriving on the island, it looked like a cool place to live.

It still seems like it would be great to live on an unpopulated island. Ohhhh, I WANNA LIVE ON GILLIGAN's ISLAND. The ship is a by product of the experience. :wink:

Well, looks like the new owner of the SS Minow read our minds... haha! '3 hour tours' coming soon!!

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/westcoastnews/story.html?id=b8db1128-467d-40e9-af59-41013f240c40

It really is a beautiful boat...

H

Here's the SS Minnow that you can have for free! 2nd pic down. http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/aug/16/folly_targets_wrecks51094/

B

Mary Ann totally smoked Ginger!

I thought she got busted for smoking something else.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 13 replies