Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I Got Shot at Forbidden Island!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Along with Conga Mike, his wife Denise and my wife Monica Tiki Goddess, courtesy of ace film noir photographer Jim Ferriera:
http://www.lafterhall.com/forbidden_island.html

Aloha and watch your back.

T

Fun!

Those shots are cool, You guys look tough. I wouldn't mess with ya. Is there a story to go along with them?

Chongolio

All I know is every one got to point a gun at me at some point - FIRE AT "WILL"!

I guess the storyline is everyone is pissed off at each other - probably has something to do with sex and money, the usual noir jazz - until we have a few choice FI cocktails, then we trade our gats for martinis and we're all cozy and cool next to the big tiki!

More to come, including some cool scorpion bowl shots. stay tuned

W
Wolli posted on Tue, Aug 29, 2006 4:12 PM

excellent shots !!!

U

Nice shots, Forbidden Island would be the best place for a film noir set.

T

Man, that gun jumps around a lot!
Excellent shots - this guy's got the noir lighting down pat!

very cool stuff......they also make great desktop images for your computer.....i used the one that featured the... , well, "desktop" picture, with the hat and gun, etc.....it seemed fitting.....there are actually 2 different images.....just click and drag into photoshop and click the desktop icon and your backgroungd image will be this cool noir desktop scene......(and no, it's only stealing if you are profiting from it....this is for my own personal use) ..and i change the desktop image on my computer regularly just to jazz it up as i'm sure most of you do.......

R

HEY! This guy stole my jacket! :o
(I had it custom made in Saigon last year for $40, got a blue one too :D )

WTF? Hey, some dude at my show just gave it to me a coupla years ago, man! (And no, I didn't do anything for it, if you know what I mean and I think you do.)

This reminds me of the "Curb Your Enthusiasm" episode from last season, "The Smoking Jacket" - Larry goes to Playboy Mansion with his father's smoking jacket and runs into Hef who is wearing "the original, a Rosselli," which apparently can't be duplicated stateside since it's imported from Italy. And yet, they're identical!

The question is - which one of us is Hugh Hefner and which one is Larry David's old man?

Hmmm....

[ Edited by: AquaZombie 2006-08-30 10:40 ]

Will,

Great Pics! The acting thing is literally and figuratively in your blood. Fun pictures! BTW, Bill has a jacket eerily like that too. I think he mugged someone at Hugh Hefner's birthday party or something. :wink: Nahhhh, gotta love ebay. And he's had it for 3 years, lest anyone has any questions!! :)

[ Edited by: Coco Loco 2006-08-31 11:54 ]

Ace Noir photographer Jim Ferreira was back last weekend, to shoot some incredible pics of Monica, Fire Goddess.
http://www.lafterhall.com/forbidden_island.html
Some great pics of FI and Martiki shaking up some cocktails have been added.
Click on the "more" prompt and refresh your browser if necessary

[ Edited by: Conga Mike 2006-09-11 10:07 ]

J

Hey Martiki, isn't that my purple fugu mug you're holding in one of those pics? :wink:

CL

Once again, sorry we couldn't make it Conga Mike and Martiki. The shoots look great though. I particularly like the one of Monica holding the fire. And the Thrill and Conga gangsta's in the booth. Classic. Wicked good. :)

Yea, those recent bar publicity shots look kinda sparcely populated - a bunch of guys and one gal who happens to be my wife. Seems kinda unseamly. Or slightly gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. What I love about all these photos is Jim is able to truly capture the FI ambience and architecture with his retro brand of deep focus photography. The colors really pop out at you, and you can practically hear Martin pouring from that bottle into the scorpion bowl. Sort of reminds me of Harold Lloyd's 3D pinups in the 50s - in 1D, but just as vivid and vibrant.

Pages: 1 14 replies