Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My first Tiki!

Pages: 1 4 replies

I present....

T I K I C C H I N I !

Vicous & Delicious!

[ Edited by: BrahPailei 2006-08-29 18:15 ]

Heyyy...what a great idea, not only is it pretty but you can eat it...

M

Buwahahahaa. "Delicious"

Welcome to TC. Are you from the Lagasse clan?

Nicely diced cuketiki

Now go finds ya some wood!

Mahalo

McTiki

On 2006-08-29 18:21, McTiki wrote:
Buwahahahaa. "Delicious"

Welcome to TC. Are you from the Lagasse clan?

Nicely diced cuketiki

Now go finds ya some wood!

Naw, just a poser!

I started carving bone on a whim a few weeks ago, found these forums from a google link and have been hooked, not even really sure where to start carving, I was just outside playing with my daughter and picked up the zucchini and a stick and played around.

I would like to get into wood someday though, maybe start small with a few tiny hand chisels and then when we get back to BI next spring play around with some logs. (Anyone have any recomendatons for getting into carving small & cheap?)

Oh, also wondering if anyone could recomend any tiki philosphy/art books, or websites? A this point, I appreciate the art on an athetic basis, but would be interested in learning a little more about the meanings behind the work, also maybe to study up a bit on traditional Tiki designs so my next peice doesn't look 'quite' so thrown together!

B

Welcome to TC BrahPailei, Glad to have you aboard.
First off you gotts get "The Book Of Tiki" which is pretty much our Tiki Bible around here. Once you digest that you can come back for more.
Just google "Tiki" and Tiki Carvings" and all other things tiki and you will find Thousands and More refrences to tiki.
Go to http://www.konakai.com/ and find more links to tikidom than you can visit in a month.
Hang around here and visit all the forums and you will find even More ways to learn about tiki.
Most of all HAVE FUN

Pages: 1 4 replies