Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Swamp's Heading to Carlsbad California November 2

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hey West Coasters:

I will be flying out to California on November 2 and returning on the November 6. I am scheduled to fly into John Wayne (Orange County) around noon and am hoping to make it by to see Oceanic Arts in Whittier as soon as my feet touch terra firma. From that point on the sky is the limit. Is the Bali Hai worth a stop? What other sites would be worth seeing while I'm there? I would also like to check out the Tiki Ti if its close enough. The hang up is this trip is for the yearly company retreat. I am planning on taking in as much West Coast Tiki as I can while the rest of the crew are playing golf or relaxing in the spa drinking spring water with a lime slice. That crap is too tame for me.

Can you guys help me build an itenerary?

Swamp

[ Edited by: Swamp Tiki 2006-08-29 18:22 ]

[ Edited by: Swamp Tiki 2006-08-29 18:26 ]

CL

Hey Swamp Tiki,

I'm in Northern CA, but on a recent trip down South we went to Oceanic Arts from Disneyland (Anaheim) and it took about 1/2 to get there.

From Oceanic Arts we went to Bahooka for the ribs and flaming drinks. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from OA. While not traditionally Tiki, it's a wonderful place if you can fit it into the schedule. It's FILLED with fish tanks and a fish tank bar.

TikiTi is on the other side of town, and plan for traffic schedules in getting there. It could make the difference between a 45 minute drive and 2 hour drive.

If you have extra time, and an evening free, stop by the Mission Tiki Drive in Montclair. Check their schedule first. It's about a 40 minute drive from Anaheim without traffic. http://www.missiontiki.com/

Finally, Disneyland is great during the holidays. It's different than the East Coast version. You may want to check it out...though it may be a bit too tame for you. :wink:

That's my limited list. Hope it helps.

Have a great day!

On 2006-08-29 18:21, Swamp Tiki wrote:
this trip is for the yearly company retreat.

Is the retreat in Carlsbad? I'm guessing Aviara.

I'm just a couple miles from there, let me know if you need local info or help.

M

I live right over the hill from where you are visiting.

PM me and maybe we can hang out a bit.

Ocean Palms Beach Resort, Carlsbad, CA (hotel)

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9971&forum=2

Pages: 1 4 replies