Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

E Inu 'Oe Ike Aha (I think I fixed it)

Pages: 1 9 replies

It took me a while, but I finally finished my first ukulele song. It's titled "E Inu 'Oe Ike Aha" which translates to "What Would You Like To Drink?" or so I hope.

It's recorded on my computer, so don't get your hopes up about the quality or anything, the middle is kind of blank because it needs a solo that I haven't written yet, and I've never claimed to be a singer. :blush: But here it is.

I should mention that there are a couple of TC drinks mentioned in the song: Woofmutt's Pink Wink, Kick_the_Reverb's Reverb Crash, and my own creation The Pearl of Wisdom. The rest are ones I'm sure you all know.

Mahalo!

(let me know if the link doesn't work)

Edited to delete old link

My thoughts were so loud I couldn't hear my mouth...

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2006-08-30 19:28 ]

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2006-09-12 16:44 ]

not too shabby amigo. throw in a little bit o'drums and maybe a tamborine, and you got yerself a hit record!
(these are just the thoughts of someone who claims he knows good music, the uke' sounds great on its own too)

kudos once again

P

hey hey...

Like the song a lot.
Cool changes and a nifty demo and a good idea.
You're not too far.

I wasn't sure about the melody in the "Paradise..." section and right around there.
Sounded like I wanted to stay minor and you were going major.

The uke sounds right on. Good timing - sure tones.

Yeah, man.
Yeah.

That is way Finkin' cool Daddy! I agree add a back beat to bug out to and your going gold.

Chongolio

T

Hey Finkdaddy

Nice sound, wondering if your available for my kids Bar Mitzhav?

K

Hey Finkdaddy -- dude, that sounds great!

I agree with Pablus in that the melodic definition is a bit unclear with how it jives up with the melody in those spots, but I think I hear where you're going with it.

I like the tune, braddah. Now, let's get it onto vinyl with some steel and bass! :)

T

F

Thanks everyone! I think I see what you mean about the melody. You're trying to say that the vocals and the uke don't quite jive in the "paradise" parts. I think you're right too. I'll tweek it a bit and post the results! I think that happened because I had the the words and melody written in my head months before I actually got the uke, so maybe I forced it a bit. And yes TikiLaLe, I do Bar Mitzvahs! :wink:

Much more to come. Mahalo!!

I dig it - I have to agree about the Paradise bits.. I think that melody should be spun off into your next hit tho!

Great work! More more more!!

Ok everyone, I think I fixed the paradise part. I was trying to record this with my 4 kids in the room, so quality is less than sublime, but I'm not trying to cut an album or anything here. Let me know what you think. :)

E Inu 'Oe Ike Aha

Mahalo!!

H
hewey posted on Thu, Sep 14, 2006 4:58 AM

Thats pretty kool man

thats the first time Ive got a chance to listen to any of your stuff, not bad :)

Pages: 1 9 replies